Deviled egg recipes are the perfect appetizer to serve at nearly every party or gathering! Seeing as Super Bowl 2020 is this weekend I thought it was high time that I share just a few of my favorite recipes with you. So today I have rounded up 20+ Deviled Egg Recipes for you to enjoy. Don’t worry, I’ll also be sharing which ones are sure to be crowd pleasers and some tips and tricks along the way.
What makes deviled eggs so great?!
- They are universally like by all. I can’t make this stuff up, Google it!
- They are super easy to make, anyone can do it, I swear!
- There are a crap ton of flavour combinations. I mean, have you perused this list yet?!
- They travel well. Kind of… I like to pack the filling separately from the egg whites and then fill them when I get to my end destination for the BEST presentation.
- Its hard to screw up deviled eggs, I promise!
- They are bites size, keto friendly and relatively inexpensive to make.
- Serving deviled eggs will make you the MVP of any party!
The perfect deviled egg recipe starts with the perfect hard boiled eggs.
Tips for fool proof hard boiled eggs:
- Put the eggs in a single layer in a large sauce pan to prevent them from bouncing on top of each other.
- Do not use “farm fresh” eggs. Eggs that are super fresh tend not to peel nicely. Wait at least a week to use fresh eggs.
- Place the eggs in cold water and heat to boiling. This prevents the shells from cracking and gives an even cooking temperature.
- Once the water is at a rolling boil, turn down to medium and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately place eggs in a cold water bath to stop them from cooking further. This also makes peeling the eggs easier.
- Cool eggs completely before peeling.
Once you have made the perfect hard boiled eggs the rest is easy! Simply peel the eggs, cut them in half lengthwise, separate the yolk from the white and mix your choice of ingredients with the yolk before spooning back into the whites. I love that making devilled eggs also doubles your servings as one egg makes TWO devilled eggs. And the filling options are endless! These Fully Loaded Deviled Eggs have been a crowd favorite at every party that I serve them at while these Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs are my personal favorite. Maybe because they are made with my homemade dill pickles! #nomnom
A few must haves for making deviled eggs:
- A small cookie scoop (aff link) is perfect for using to fill the egg whites with the yolk filling.
- This deviled egg carrier (aff link) makes taking these eggs to your next party easy!
- A short, wide cooking pot (aff link) is ideal for making a lot of eggs quickly.