We love to make easy camping recipes whenever we head out into the great outdoors. Take these deliciously easy camping meals on your next camping trip!
I am most excited about spring because it means that we are that much closer to camping season!! Planning and booking our spring and summer excursions in the great out doors helps me to keep positive throughout the cold months of winter. Are you with me?!?So now that we have many of our favorite camping spots booked, it’s time to start thinking about the meal planning. Today I have rounded up over twenty Easy Camping Recipes that you are sure to love!
Our favorite easy camping recipes:
This is my go-to recipe for making friends around the campground! This recipe makes the perfect appetizer or lunch to share with friends and family. It’s my most requested recipe when camping so be sure to check it out!
Ritz and Reese’s Smores – my boys love this smore recipe because of the combination of sweet and salty flavours. It’s our favorite way to make easy camping smores!
This camping trail mix is the perfect staple to leave in the trailer all summer long!
This campfire spaghetti bake is a great way to feed a crowd while camping!
This taco in a bag recipe is awesome for easy cleanup while camping.
We love these Golden Coconut Smores!
This Campfire Spinach Dip is perfect for feeding a crowd while camping! It is super simple to make too because you just combine all of the ingredients in a tinfoil packet then heat over the fire.
Breakfast Burritos are amazingly delicious and especially awesome when created at home and prepared for camping before hand.
Camping Oatmeal To Go – Another great staple!
Campfire Chocolate Chip Muffins – this camp cooker is a new addition for us and so fun to use!
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- We love this Dutch Oven for making one pot meals and this Coleman camp stove is an easy way to enjoy outdoor cooking.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
My personal favorite way to enjoy a smore, I love the combination of oreo and mint with marshmallow!
The perfect side for steak on the BBQ!
There are so many ways to enjoy a quick dessert over the fire with this pie iron!
A simple tin foil packet meal.
An easy, complete camping meal!
An oldie but a goodie from my days as a little girl in Brownies.
An easy to prepare, well balanced meal.
A huge hit with the whole family this campfire philly cheesesteak is one of my most popular recipes on the blog!
Another favorite that I often pull out to share with friends around the campfire.
This jug is perfect for storing drinks in a trailer sized fridge.
A fun dessert that the kids love!
Camp Cooker Breakfast – I love nothing better than a warm meal on a cold camping morning!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Campfire Pizza Bake, Sausage Foil Packet and Skillet Campfire French Toast recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
This skillet pizza recipe is a tasty meal that the kids love to make over the campfire!
Campfire chili cheese dip also makes an easy meal.
This skillet quesadilla recipe it the perfect taste of home!
This camp cooker cinnamon bun recipe makes for a delicious breakfast treat.
While hot dogs and peanut butter are camping staples, these easy camping recipes take things to the next level. It’s amazing the easy recipes that you can make with just a camping stove!
Basic camping food tips:
Follow these tips to make sure that you have the right variety of easy camping recipes packed for your next trip.
1.Use fresh food first.
Fresh foods like meats, fruit and vegetables should be eaten at the beginning of your trip. Don’t make the mistake of reserving these items as they are more likely to spoil, wasting money and leaving you with less food to consume. These foods have been know to go off during our camping trips so it’s best to eat them first.
2. Use frozen foods next.
Frozen foods are great for packing while camping. They can be used as additional ice packs in coolers and consumed at a later date as they defrost. Meals should stay in the cooler or refrigerator until ready to be eaten. Be especially mindful of frozen meats that can spoil easily. It’s best to eat fresh and frozen foods before moving on to non-perishable items.
3. Finally, use non-perishable items.
Once the fresh and frozen foods that you have packed are eaten, start to use up your non-perishable items. Non-perishables can include things like: crackers, popcorn, rice, pasta and canned goods.
4. Keep snacks on hand.
Packing a wide variety of snacks is always a good idea. Depending on the activities that you are doing while camping, you may need the extra calorie consumption. Or if your other foods spoil, you have something else to rely on. We like to pack: sunflower seeds, nuts, protein bars and beef jerky.
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love these easy camping recipes, please help me share them on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy them too!