These easy watercolor paint ideas are fun for adults or kids to create and paint! Save and follow the step by step tutorial or guide for each one.
Too busy to make this right away? Save this idea for later! Pin this project to your favortie board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready.
Before we get started you will need a few watercolor painting supplies. I like to use heavy watercolor paper and a soft, round brush whenever possible.
This post contains affiliate links.
Watercolor painting supplies:
Use these different techniques in creative ways to make your own abstract art, greeting cards or easy watercolor paintings. I love that kids of all ages (adults too!) will achieve different results using the same reference image.
My favorite part is seeing the various styles and artwork that everyone comes up with!
- wet technique – apply water to the paper first before adding bright colors to the wet canvas. This is a great way to blend vibrant colors with a gradient effect.
- dry technique – apply your brush loaded with paint directly to the canvas. This is the best way to achieve a darker color and create fine details.
- the wet method may also be achieved by spraying the paint palette with with a water bottle to wet paint.
- its a good idea to use the flat palette to blend different colors into a variety of color combinations.
- negative space is created by leaving sections of the canvas a little bit dry.
- use paper towel to remove too much water from your brush.
Follow these watercolor tutorials that are full of step by step instructions that will teach you all of these basic techniques. There are so many different ways to create beautiful watercolor art!
Easy watercolor ideas:
This watercolor maple leaf craft is simple to create and paint with the kids! Grab the free printable template and get painting today.
This watercolor aspen leaf painting is another take on this glue resist technique!
Learn how to make watercolor bookmarks with this easy step-by-step tutorial! This is a great nature project to create with the kids.
This watercolor oak leaf is easy to create and paint with the kids! Grab the free printable template to make this colorful painting.
Watercolor monster art is seriously fun to create with the kids!
Grab the printable template to make this lovely pumpkin art project for fall.
This watercolor spider web craft is fun to make with the kids! Glue and watercolor resists are one of our favorite watercolor techniques – clearly!!
Creating a watercolor reindeer is so fun for the holidays! Be sure to save this project idea for later.
We love all things Grinch related around here so of course a Grinch themed watercolor painting is a must make!
This watercolor flower craft is darling! Grab the free printable template to make watercolor flowers of your own.
This watercolor dragonfly art is a beautiful piece of watercolor resist art using black school glue!
This watercolor campfire craft is fun to create and paint with the kids! Grab the free printable template to make this simple campfire painting.
This watercolor & bunny craft is fun and easy for kids to create. It makes the cutest Easter kid craft and painting.
This post contains affiliate links.
MORE OF MY CRAFTING ESSENTIALS:
- We love using Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love these easy watercolor painting ideas please help me share them on Pinterest and Facebook so that others can enjoy them too!