How adorable is this Baby Yoda piggy bank craft you guys?! We binge watched the latest Star Wars series, the Mandelorian, this winter and instantly fell in love with Baby Yoda.
Since then my boys have been obsessed and creating all sorts of Yoda inspired crafts like these Baby Yoda cinnamon ornaments. Today we’re sharing with you the tutorial to make one of these simple Baby Yoda piggy banks!
What I find most endearing about Baby Yoda is his eyes because they are so big and soulful. It’s amazing how much emotion this character can express through his eyes.
This feature came through with flying colors in our Baby Yoda craft. I was sure to paint the eyes onto the piggy bank overly large and then highlight them with pops of white. I then sealed them with Mod Podge to make them stand out and be extra shiny.
Materials that you’ll need to create this craft:
- 500 ml wide mouth mason jar
- Black acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- White puffy paint
- Paint brush
- Green felt material
- Brown felt material
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to make a Baby Yoda piggy bank:
- Gather supplies.
2. Paint the entire jar green (this can take up to three coats for good coverage).
3. Allow the jar to dry completely.
4. Paint the features onto the jar with black paint (eyes, nose and mouth).
5. Add white highlights to the eyes with puffy paint.
6. Allow the features to dry completely.
7. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
8. Cut two ear shapes out of the green felt material.
9. Glue the ears to either side of the mason jar.
10. Cut a rectangular robe shape approx. 1.5″ x 10″ out of the brown felt material.
11. Glue the material around the base of the mason jar.
12. Cut a rectangular hole in the top of the lid with sharp scissors. Caution: a sharp knife may be needed to start a hole in the lid before cutting a rectangular shape with scissors.
13. Fill the jar with money. (This step has been added by my boys).
My boys fought over who would get to keep this Baby Yoda craft so we ended up making two of them so they each got one.
Totally easy to create though right?! You can make this craft with larger or smaller mason jars too, just use whatever you have laying around the house!
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
We are huge Star Wars fans and have literally a ton of crafts that we’ve made in the past like these Darth Vader shoes, these Star Wars rock photo holders and Yoda t-shirts. If you make this Baby Yoda piggy bank craft please share! I would love to see it….