This Star Wars BB8 chocolate bark recipe is super easy to make, absolutely delicious and the perfect chocolate treat for the Star Wars fan to enjoy!
We had a great time last month during the boys tenth birthday party. I know, I know.. I can hardly believe that they are ten either! They celebrated with a sleepover birthday party while I created a fun Star Wars themed snack bar for all of the late night shenanigans. This BB8 Bark was a huge hit with the boys!
I used a combination of BB8 coloured candy to create this robot themed chocolate snack. It was so easy and fun to make! Seriously!
I found all of the candy bits at the Bulk Barn. Orange M&Ms, black sprinkles, orange sprinkles, silver balls and black balls. I really wanted the colours to reflect BB8 and think that we nailed it with these!
How to make BB8 Chocolate Bark:
White chocolate melting chips (1 bag)
Orange, black and silver candy
1. Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Spread the melted chocolate out onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, about 1/4″ thick.
3. Add candy to the melted chocolate before it cools.
4. Allow the chocolate to harden completely before breaking into “bark” sized pieces.
Be sure to use a sharp knife or dry hands when breaking the bark otherwise the colour from the candy tends to rub off if there is any moisture present. I put the entire slab of chocolate into the refrigerator to harden and cool before breaking into pieces.
I love how this colour combination turned out! Totally reminds me of BB8 and a perfect addition to our Star Wars themed birthday celebration.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE BARK:
- Use candy melts for best results, the wafer chocolate melts the best. Add one teaspoon of coconut oil to other chocolate to help it melt and pour better.
- Pour chocolate onto a parchment lined baking sheet for easy moving and transporting before the chocolate has hardened.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge or freezer to completely cool before breaking into small pieces.
- Be sure to use a sharp knife or dry hands when breaking the bark otherwise the colour from the candy tends to rub off if there is any moisture present.
- Store the chocolate bark in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three months. It can also be stored in the fridge to prevent the bark from melting.
Yummy too! There are hundreds of combinations that you could create with this recipe actually. Red, blue and silver candy for R2D2? Brown chocolate for Chewbacca? Wait a minute! I am totally creating Chocolate Chewbacca Bark next time. Stay tuned!!
SOME OF MY KITCHEN ESSENTIALS:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
If you love this BB8 chocolate bark recipe please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!