We love this camp cooker pizza recipe! A few years ago friends introduced us to a handy little camping tool called a camp cooker. Having grown up camping during summer vacations I couldn’t believe that I had never seen this “pie iron” before.
Looking for more easy & delicious camping recipes? Be sure to check out….
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
How to make this Camp Cooker Pizza Recipe:
Camp Cooker Pizza Toppings:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Bell pepper
- Pizza sauce
1. Unroll the pizza dough and divide into four rectangles.
2. Spray the inside of the camp cooker with non-stick spray.
3. Lay half of the dough onto one side of the camp cooker and fill with pizza toppings.
4. Fold the other half of the dough over the toppings and close the cooker.
5. Cook over the fire for 5-10 minutes depending on how hot the fire is.
6. Check the outside of the pizza to be sure that the dough is browning and be sure to rotate the camp cooker as you cook the pizza.
7. Pop the pizza out of the cooker and enjoy!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
Tips for cooking with a camp cooker:
- When cooking with a camp cooker, begin by applying non stick cooking spray or oil to the inside of both cooking plates. This step is important so that your delicious meal doesn’t stick to the plates and burn.
- Place your recipe ingredients into the cooker before closing and latching it.
- Cook the recipe over an open fire. We recommend placing the cooker over the fire for two minutes before unlatching, checking for doneness and flipping the cooker over to cook the other side.
- Use caution when handling both the metal latch and handles as they can become hot while cooking.
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this easy recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 391 g Pkg Pillsbury Pizza Crust Dough
- 340 g Pkg Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 250 g Pkg Sliced Pepperoni
- 7.5 oz Pizza Sauce
Unroll the pizza dough and divide into four rectangles.
Spray the inside of the camp cooker with non-stick spray.
Lay half of the dough onto one side of the camp cooker and fill with pizza toppings.
Fold the other half of the dough over the toppings and close the cooker.
Cook over the fire for 5-10 minutes depending on how hot the fire is.
Check the outside of the pizza to be sure that the dough is browning and be sure to rotate the camp cooker as you cook the pizza.
Pop the pizza out of the cooker and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 852Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 2124mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 39g