This Chewbacca ball ornament craft is a fun way to add a bit of personality to the Christmas tree this year! It makes the perfect holiday craft project for the Star Wars fan.
This post contains affiliate links.
This year I decided to purchase a pencil Christmas tree and decorate a Star Wars Chewbacca themed Christmas tree. We seriously love Star Wars THIS MUCH. And with the release of the Mandelorian season two on Disney Plus the timing couldn’t be better!
Our Chewbacca Christmas tree has been a fun addition to the holiday decor this year. I honestly can’t get enough of it, especially while binge watching Star Wars!
When I decided to put the tree together I knew that I would need a few more DIY Chewbacca ornaments so that is where this paper mache ball Chewbacca was born. Be sure to check out our cinnamon Chewbacca ornament, wooden Chewbacca craft, wood slice Chewbacca and rustic wooden bead ornaments too!
How to make a Chewbacca ball ornament:
- Gather supplies. You will need brown, black and white acrylic paint, a paint brush and a paper mache ball.
2. Paint the ball with varying shaded of brown brush strokes to create fur. Add a black ammo belt with grey bullets. Tip: hang the ball to dry.
I absolutely love how this Chewbacca craft turned out! It adds the perfect detail to our tree but would also be fun for crafting with the kids or making for that Star Wars super fan on your list.
More crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this Chewbacca craft, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!