This R2D2 Skirt Tutorial is the perfect do-it-yourself project for Star Wars fans this Halloween. Follow the easy step-by-step visuals!
Halloween is just around the corner and if you are anything like me then you left costume planning to the very last minute. AmIRight?! I often get the kids costumes planned and created early so that our October is not as crazy as it can be with fall festivities and birthday parties.
As much as I organize the kids, I often forget about a costume for me! Today I am sharing the quick R2D2 Skirt that I created for myself the day before Halloween last year…
Guys! Seriously, this R2D2 skirt was beyond easy to make! And super cute right?! The boys dressed up as a Jedi and Boba Fett for school so I thought that I would join them in their Star Wars shenanigans with this fun skirt.
How to make this DIY R2D2 Skirt:
- White knee length skirt (I found this one at our local thrift store)
- Dark blue felt material (approx. 5 sheets from the dollar store)
- Red felt material (1 sheet)
- Grey felt material (1 sheet)
- Black felt material (1 sheet)
- White felt material (1 sheet)
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Simply cut the felt into the various shapes of R2D2s character.
- Blue rectangles, black circles, a grey circle, a red circle, white squares and white and red details. I just eye-balled the shapes and sizes for each feature while looking at a graphic of R2D2.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue the felt directly to the skirt.
- Layer features onto one another as you go. The hot glue is not machine washable and neither is the felt really. But I figure that this is only getting worn a few times so I can easily hand wash it if I need to.
I love how versatile felt is as a crafting material! It’s probably one of my favorite things to works with, especially for Halloween Costumes! Be sure to check out the other costumes that I made last year, this Muppet Beeker Costume and Muppet Animal Costume were huge hits!
If you love this DIY R2D2 Skirt Tutorial, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!