These double chocolate chip muffins are absolutely delicious and a hit with the kids! They are the perfect for packing on your next road trip or in school lunches. Let me show you how to make these chocolate balls of yum…
Moist, delicious and full of chocolatey flavour!
Ingredients that you’ll need:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
How to make these double chocolate chip muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a muffin pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray or lining with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until thickened.
3. Add milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing between each addition.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup to the top.
8. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for five minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for back to school meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance by making recipes in large batches. Separate into individual servings and place in the freezer until needed. I do this all the time with pizza buns which are perfect for school lunches!
- Stock up on lunch supplies like granola bars, rice krispie squares, apple sauce, fish crackers, cut up vegetables and fruit. Have everything prepared and ready to throw into lunch kits.
- Plan to use recipes that the kids are sure to love. These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin and Pizza Bun recipes are some of my boys favorites.
Kitchen essentials for back-to-school:
- I love using these easy lunch boxes (aff link) for easy lunch packing.
- These bento lunch box supplies (aff link) are perfect for making school lunches fun for kids!
- This Henckel Knife (aff link) is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging.
My kids love taking these double chocolate chip muffins in their school lunches! They simply grab one from the freezer to add to their lunch box in the morning and by lunch time it is defrosted enough to eat. These muffins make a perfect on the run breakfast for busy mornings too!