This easy bat rock craft is perfect for big and little kids alike! They can make this cute and simple bat magnet in minutes.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This rock craft can be made harder or easier depending on the age of the child who is making it. For younger children, have all the pieces cut for them ahead of time and use white glue to stick them on. For older children, have them cut out the bat parts on their own and use a hot glue gun (with adult supervision).
Be sure to check out our other Bat Snap Lid Magnet Craft!
This post contains affiliate links.
How to make this bat rock craft:
First you need to start with some rocks, clearly! I really like these flat river rocks for painting from Amazon. It can sometimes be hard to find the perfect flat rock for craft projects and so these rocks make it easy! But if you want to go out rock hunting just be sure to wash the rocks that you find thoroughly before using them for your project.
Cut fang shapes out of white paper and glue them to the front bottom of the rock. Glue the googly eyes to the front center of the rock. Cut wing shapes out of the black paper and glue them to the back of the rock.
Glue a magnet to the back of the rock. Tip: be sure to use a strong magnet as the rock may be heavy and could slip off of your metal surface.
This bat is adorable and makes the perfect craft for any time of year!
More crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you liked this easy bat rock craft, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 1-2” rock
- Black acrylic paint
- Black paper
- White paper
- 2 googly eyes
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Mod Podge (optional)
- Gather craft supplies.
- Cut fang shapes out of white paper, glue to the front bottom of the rock.
- Glue the googly eyes to the front center of the rock.
- Cut wing shapes out of black paper, glue to the back of the rock.
- Glue a magnet to the back of the rock.