This easy Keto Curry Chicken recipe is adapted from one of our favorite family meals. Which means not only is it yummy and flavourful but it’s also low-carb and keto friendly! I had to wait until I made it again for dinner one night to get some great photos to share – ones that do this dish justice.
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto.
Whenever I have guests over to eat this is my go-to recipe because it’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser. The combination of coconut, curry, chicken and vegetables is always a winner. In the past I have served this over long grain rice but a quick substitution for riced cauliflower has made this one of my keto, low-carb meal staples.
Depending on your palate you can easily turn the heat (and spicy flavour) up on this Curry Chicken recipe by adding more or less red curry paste. We like it hot and simply cut the heat with more riced cauliflower per serving.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Cut up chicken and vegetables.
In a large frying pan or wok heat sesame oil. Add chicken and cook over medium heat until opaque.
Next add the coconut milk, curry and fish sauce. Yes, the fish sauce is optional! But trust me, it brings out the flavour of this dish and doesn’t make it taste “fishy”.
Serve over cauliflower rice.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
If you love this easy keto curry chicken recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1, 5.5oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-2 Tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 200g (1 cup) button mushrooms, sliced
- 400g (2 cups) riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
1. In a large frying pan or wok heat sesame oil.
2. Add chicken and cook over medium heat until opaque.
3. Next add the coconut milk, curry and fish sauce.
4. Allow the chicken to simmer for 5 minutes to incorporate the curry into the coconut milk.
5. Add basil.
6. Combine vegetables with the chicken mixture.
7. Allow to cook on low-medium heat for another 10 minutes.
8. Serve over cauliflower rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 42g