This easy wooden Chewbacca craft is a fun project to make with a Star Wars fan! We used these Chewbacca ornaments to help decorate the Christmas tree this year.
Follow the step-by-step tutorial to make a Chewbacca of your very own!
This post contains affiliate links.
This year I decided to purchase a pencil Christmas tree and decorate an epic Star Wars Chewbacca themed Christmas tree! We seriously love Star Wars THAT MUCH. With the release of the Mandelorian, season two on Disney Plus, the timing couldn’t be any better!
Our Chewbacca Christmas tree has been a fun addition to the holiday decor. I honestly can’t get enough of it, especially while binge watching Star Wars!
When I decided to put the tree together I knew that I would need a few more DIY Chewbacca ornaments so that is where this wooden Chewbacca craft came from. Be sure to check out our cinnamon Chewbacca ornament, Chewbacca ball ornament, wood slice Chewbacca and rustic wooden bead ornaments too!
How to make this easy wooden Chewbacca craft:
- Gather your supplies. You will need: a wooden gingerbread man (we found this at Michaels), brown acrylic paint, black acrylic paint, white acrylic paint and a paint brush.
2. Paint the entire wooden figure dark brown.
3. Paint fur details in medium brown. Add hair, moustache and a beard.
4. Use black paint to add eyes, a nose and a mouth.
5. Paint light brown highlights onto the fur. Add a black ammo belt with grey bullets across the body of the figure.
How adorably simple was that?! I seriously can’t get enough of this cute wooden Chewbacca!
My crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this wooden Chewbacca craft, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!