Hello, hello friends! We love grilling on the BBQ and today I have an uber simple, keto friendly recipe for you! These Grilled Zucchini Pizza Bites are the perfect appetizer for your next summer gathering…
Three ingredients! That’s it, my friends! I like to buy things already prepared so that I can cut out as much of the prep work as possible. So buy small, sliced pepperoni, shredded mozzerella cheese and skinny zucchini.
What you’ll need:
- pepperoni, sliced
- small zucchini, cut into rounds
- shredded Mozzerella cheese
How to make these grilled zucchini pizza bites:
Cut three small zucchini into 1/3″ thick rounds. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
Lay a large piece of aluminum foil on your preheated (to 350 degrees) grill. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place zucchini rounds on the foil and grill on one side for 3-5 minutes.
Flip the zucchini rounds and add cheese to the top. Grill for 2 minutes and allow the cheese to melt a bit.
Top each round with a piece of pepperoni and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
More tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools (aff links) like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.