This hanging basket crochet pattern is absolutely free and whips up quickly! It’s perfect for putting hanging plants or the kids toys in.
My boys have a ton of stuffed animals in their bedrooms and I needed an easy storage solution! So I created this simple hanging basket that can be used to store all kinds of things.
If you need a crochet refresher course be sure to check out my Learn To Crochet – a Complete Beginner Guide eBOOK!
My favorite kind of crochet patterns are ones that work up quickly and can be completed in an evening. Like this Crochet Headband Pattern, this easy Hanging Plant Holder Crochet Pattern and this fun Crochet Slipper Pattern.
Too busy to make this crochet hanging basket right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies needed for this hanging basket:
My crafting essentials for crochet projects:
- I love using this Vannas Choice yarn for soft silky projects every time.
- These crochet hooks are ideal for using with all sizes of yarn.
- This crochet kit is perfect for the beginner because everything you need to start is included.
- This lovely yarn tote makes traveling with your crochet project both stylish and easy.
Hanging Basket Crochet Pattern:
- Ch 8, to create a magic loop
- DC 10 into the loop (10), ch 2
- 2 DC into each stitch around (20), ch 2
- 2 DC into first st, DC into next stitch and repeat around (30), ch 2
- 2 DC into first st, DC 2 and repeat around (40), ch 2
- 2 DC into first st, DC 3 and repeat around (50), ch 2
- 2 DC into first st, DC 4 and repeat around (60), ch 2
- 1 DC into each st around (60), ch 2
- 15 DC then 5 DC then 2DCtog for 20 stitches (to decrease by 10 stitches) then 5 DC then 15 DC (50), ch 2
- 15 DC then 4 DC then 2DCtog for 12 stitches (to decrease by 6 stitches) then 4 DC then 15 DC (44), ch 2
- DC into next 42 st, ch 10, dc in next st (44), ch 2
- SC into next 42 st, sc 10 into chain, sc into next st (44), ch 1
- Slip Stitch around, slip stitch to join and tie off (44)
If you love this easy hanging basket crochet project, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!