This hanging plant holder crochet pattern is just lovely. It’s an easy crochet project that is absolutely free and whips up quickly!
If you are anything like me then you *may* have a small plant collection problem. Plants are starting to take over ever corner of my house. So I decided to create this simple little crochet plant holder to add a few of them to my vertical space too!
This project is great for a beginner crocheter and would make the perfect gift for the plant lover in your life! If you need a crochet refresher course be sure to check out my Learn To Crochet – a Complete Beginner Guide eBOOK!
My favorite kind of crochet patterns are ones that work up quickly and can be completed in an evening. Like this easy Crochet Headband Pattern, this cute Crochet Dog Bed Pattern and this fun Crochet Slipper Pattern.
Too busy to make this crochet plant holder right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies needed for this hanging plant holder:
My crafting essentials for crochet projects:
- I love using this Vannas Choice yarn for soft silky projects every time.
- These crochet hooks are ideal for using with all sizes of yarn.
- This crochet kit is perfect for the beginner because everything you need to start is included.
- This lovely yarn tote makes traveling with your crochet project both stylish and easy.
Hanging Plant Holder Crochet Pattern:
- Ch 8, to create a magic loop
- Dc 6 into the loop (6), ch 2
- Dc 2 into each stitch around (12), ch 2
- Dc 2 into first st, dc into next stitch and repeat around (21), ch 2
- Dc into next 20 st (20), dc 3 into last st (23), ch 2
- Dc into next 22 st (22), dc 3 in next st (25), ch 2
- Dc into next 22 st (22), ch 10, dc in next 3 (25), ch 2
- Sc into next 22 st (22), sc 10 into chain, sc into next 3 st (25), slip stitch to join, tie off
The chain section of the pattern creates a loop that is perfect to use for hanging this crochet basket! You could easily make the basket bigger to hold larger plants by adding stitches to each row.
But seriously, how pretty is this little hanging plant holder you guys?! It fits just beautifully in amongst my basket gallery wall.
If you love this easy crochet project, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!