Have you ever wondering how to plan a girls trip?! This year we kept our vacation plans close to home with this fun girls trip to a stunning local property.
How to plan a girls trip:
Today I am sharing all of my tips and tricks for planning a wicked girls getaway. Self care is always a top priority for me and my crew of fellow mommas so this girls trip was a Must Do! Follow these step-by-step tips to plan the perfect trip.
1. Gather the girls.
- Check in with your tribe and find out who is available or interested in a girls trip.
- Try to pick a group of ladies that you know who have common interests, similar travel styles and have an understanding on how different personalities could mesh.
2. Find a location.
- Find a property that can accommodate the number in your group and has the amenities that you are looking for.
- We had the opportunity to visit a stunning property in Nanoose Bay that is the set for the Hallmark series, Chesapeake Shores! To book this location check out Home Escape or follow Love This Place Nanoose Bay on Instagram. We were gifted this stay but all opinions are my own. #collab
3. Coordinate dates.
- Coordinate a date that works for everyone (this is often the hardest part).
- Ask the girls to come up with a few dates that work for them or propose a specific date and find out which works.
- Be mindful of changing dates and try to stick to the original agreed upon dates as much as possible!
4. Set a budget.
- Look at the total cost of the vacation rental, transportation and food.
- Divide that cost by the number of ladies and set a budget for the trip.
- Look at getting discounts by partnering with local rentals, packing your own food and car pool where possible.
5. Plan for transportation.
- Which vehicle to take, are you car pooling, do you need to reserve ferry rides?
- I reserved the BC Ferry for our trip to Nanoose Bay so that we were assured of a spot on the boat.
- We carpooled in my truck so that we could include a shopping trip to Ikea and would have a lot of room. I made sure to clean and detail the truck before our road trip #boymom.
6. Create a packing list.
- Pack things to layer like blouses and cardigans.
- Be sure to include comfortable clothing and shoes for travel.
7. Plan a few activities.
- Schedule a tentative itinerary of activities based on your plans.
- Making a reservation at restaurants and booking activities may be required.
- Send this itinerary to the girls so that they can come prepared and pack accordingly.
We arrived at Nanoose Bay thinking that we may go hiking or do some local boutique shopping but after arriving at this gorgeous property on the ocean we all decided to stay close and soak it all in. The girls took long walks along the shore, communed with nature, read books for hours and even napped!
8. Coordinate meals and food.
- Do you plan to eat out? Order in? Does your rental include kitchen facilities?
- Let the girls know what they should pack for snack and meals and when you plan on eating out.
We had the use of a stunning gourmet kitchen at Love This Place – Nanoose Bay so I packed a number of things to create a charcuterie board on the night of our arrival. I made cookies, puff pastry and tarts for brunch the next morning. These were served with local harvest mimosas (recipe coming soon!). Then we picked up a few more groceries from a nearby store and made a quick lunch spread with this yummy Spinach & Artichoke Dip that I brought from home. Dinner was then had at a local pub just 2 minutes down the road. We made a quick meal of breakfast sausages, eggs and fruit before heading home the next day.
If you found these girls trip tips helpful please share on Pinterest and Facebook!