This Italian Cauliflower Salad Recipe is one of my go-to salads for the spring and summer months. Not only is it easy to prepare but it also travels well, making this the perfect salad for family gatherings, potlucks or picnics at the park.
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto.
I love the mixture of spicy pepperoni and salty pickles and the crunchy vegetables add a richness to this hearty salad. I take this dish on all of our camping trips because it is so easy to store in a large freezer bag without becoming soggy. Traveling with this salad already prepared makes meal planning during our frequent road trips simple.
Be sure to check out this Keto Cauliflower “Potato” Salad which is another favorite of mine!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 1 small head (400 g) of cauliflower, cooked aldente
- 150 g mushrooms, diced
- 100 g celery, diced
- 200 g bell pepper, diced
- 100 g deli pepperoni, chopped
- 2 garlic dill pickles, diced
- 100 g havarti cheese, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp Italian salad dressing
How to make this Italian cauliflower salad:
- Cook one head of cauliflower al dente.
- Break cauliflower into small florets.
- Dice mushrooms, celery, bell pepper, pickles, cheese and pepperoni.
- Combine with remaining ingredients and mix well.
If you are following a strict ketogenic lifestyle be sure to check the ingredients on the label of the Italian Salad Dressing that you choose. Many store bought dressings can have hidden ingredients like cane sugar. Better yet, make your own Italian dressing and leave out the guess work. You can totally add olives to this Italian Cauliflower Salad, they are just not favorites at our house. Feta cheese would be delicious too! Have fun with this simple recipe and experiment with different ingredients.
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar can be used to create a delicious keto friendly dressing. Try experimenting with some of your favorites. I love, love, love everyday seasoning from Trader Joes and add it to all of my recipes.. even this one!
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
If you love this easy keto recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1078mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g