These Keto Almond Butter Cookies that are very reminiscent of traditional peanut butter cookies while being gluten free, sugar free and low carb.
Baking all. the. things. is my favorite! When I began following a ketogenic lifestyle last year I was worried that baking would be lost to me but that has been far from the case. I still make my favorite recipes for friends and family and have converted many recipes to more keto friendly versions.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin these cookies to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
How to make these keto almond butter cookies:
Sometimes you just have a craving for old favorites you know?! For me this especially happens in the cooler winter months. I love to putter around the kitchen with the oven on and the mixer whirring. I tested out this almond butter cookie recipe in small batches until I got it just to my liking. These cookies are moist and delicious, two of my requirements for the perfect cookie!
Tips for keto baking:
- use almond flour or coconut flour.
- find an alternative sweetener to cane sugar. I like stevia or monk fruit.
- substitute cream cheese for oil or margarine.
I used a stand mixer to combine all of the ingredients but you could use a food processor as well.
I found powdered almond butter at Winners but I am sure that our local health food store would have it too. You could try using regular almond butter but I do not know how it would affect the texture of this recipe. Let me know if you try it!
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for keto baking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like almond flour instead of wheat flour and stevia instead of cane sugar.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like these Keto Mint Chocolate Cookies, Dark Chocolate Almond Bars or Keto Turtle Cookies and use them in your must bake list.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 125 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered almond butter (must be powdered)
- 1 Tbsp stevia (granulated)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add egg, extract and cheese.
- Combine until a soft dough forms.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place walnut size balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray a fork with cooking spray and press into each cookie.
- Bake for 12 mins at 350.