Indulge guilt-free with these Easy Keto Chocolate Donuts – a delicious low-carb treat that satisfies your sweet cravings without the carbs!
These keto chocolate donuts are absolutely delicious! This low carb donut recipe is also super easy to make, with a rich chocolate flavor that anyone with a sweet tooth will love.
As the seasons shift from summer to fall, I often get this overwhelming urge to “nest”. I want to organize the kids clothes, tidy the junk drawer, clean my disaster of a garage, and bake all. the. things!
There is just something about the cooler weather that prompts me to want to fire up the oven. So the other day, I whipped up a batch of these delicious keto donuts to fulfill my cravings for both a sweet treat AND nesting.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success following a keto diet.
Guys, these chocolate keto donuts are so easy to make! Unlike in traditional donuts that use wheat flour, this recipe uses almond flour. The only special piece of equipment that you need is a donut baking form/pan. You can find them at Walmart for cheap.
Mine has six spaces for batter and so makes six donuts at a time. My only tip is to grease the pan really well so that the donuts slip out easier once they are baked.
I like to top each donut with a bit of chocolate icing made with cocoa powder, powdered stevia, and a dash of heavy cream.
This post contains affiliate links.
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients.
- Mix well until a soft dough forms.
- Divide into six portions and spoon into a donut pan that has been sprayed well with cooking spray.
- Use a spatula to press the donut batter evenly into the donut molds.
- Bake for 12 mins at 350 F.
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa and just enough cream to make a firm chocolate icing.
- Use a butter knife to top each donut with icing.
Makes 6 donuts.
Keto Chocolate Donuts store really well in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months, if you can save any of them for that long! I like to have one with my morning cup of coffee. Oh my gosh, it the perfect pairing, I tell ya!
Tips and Tricks:
- Instead of a thick icing, top these cake donuts with a sugar-free chocolate glaze. Just add more cream to get the consistency you want. You could also coat them in cinnamon sugar.
- If you aren’t concerned about keeping your donuts keto, feel free to use regular sugar in this recipe. You could also try a different sugar substitute, like monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar.
- You can use a metal or silicone donut pan for this low carb donuts. You could also make mini donuts in a mini donut pan. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Make your own almond flour at home. Add almonds to your food processor and use the pulse function to grind the nuts into flour.
If you are not quite ready to commit to purchasing a donut baking form, not to worry! You can totally use this batter to create a keto Oreo cake ball concoction.
Just measure out and spread the batter into an appropriately sized and greased cake pan. I think an 8×8 pan should work.
If you love this easy keto donut recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 125 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp stevia, granulated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp Swerve, powdered
- 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
1. In a medium bowl, combine first six ingredients.
2. Mix well until a soft dough forms.
3. Divide into six portions and spoon into a greased donut pan.
4. Use a spatula to press the dough evenly into each donut form.
5. Bake for 12 mins at 350.
6. Combine powdered sugar, cocoa and just enough cream to make a firm chocolate icing (start with 1 tsp).
7. Use a butter knife to top each donut with icing.