These keto chocolate donuts are absolutely delicious and perfectly low carb! They are super easy to make with a rich chocolate flavour.
As the seasons shift from summer to fall I often get this overwhelming urge to “nest”. Organize the kids clothes, tidy the junk drawer, clean my disaster of a garage and bake all. the. things! There is just something about the cooler weather that prompts me to want to fire up the oven. So the other day I whipped up a batch of these delish Keto Chocolate Donuts to fulfill my craving for a sweet treat AND nesting.
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto.
And guys, these Keto Chocolate Donuts are super easy to make! The only special piece of equipment that you need is a donut baking form/pan. You can find them at Walmart for cheap. Mine has six spaces for batter and so make six donuts at a time. My only tip is to grease the pan really well so that the donut slip out easier once they are baked.
I like to top each donut with a bit of chocolate icing made with cocoa, powdered stevia and a dash of heavy cream.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
- In a medium bowl, combine first six ingredients.
- Mix well until a soft dough forms.
- Divide into six portions and spoon into a greased donut pan.
- Use a spatula to press the dough evenly into each donut form.
- Bake for 12 mins at 350.
- Combine powdered sugar, cocoa and just enough cream to make a firm chocolate icing.
- Use a butter knife to top each donut with icing.
- Makes 6 donuts.
Keto Chocolate Donuts store really well in the freezer for up to three months… if you can save any of them for that long! I like to have one with my morning coffee, oh my gosh it the perfect pairing I tell ya!
If you are not quite ready to commit to purchasing a donut baking form, not to worry! You can totally use this batter to create a keto chocolate cake concoction. Just measure out and spread the batter into an appropriately sized and greased cake pan. I think an 8×8 pan should work.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for keto baking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like almond flour instead of wheat flour and stevia instead of cane sugar.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like these Keto Mint Chocolate Cookies, Dark Chocolate Almond Bars or Keto Turtle Cookies and use them in your must bake list.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
If you love this easy keto recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 125 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp stevia, granulated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp Swerve, powdered
- 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
1. In a medium bowl, combine first six ingredients.
2. Mix well until a soft dough forms.
3. Divide into six portions and spoon into a greased donut pan.
4. Use a spatula to press the dough evenly into each donut form.
5. Bake for 12 mins at 350.
6. Combine powdered sugar, cocoa and just enough cream to make a firm chocolate icing (start with 1 tsp).
7. Use a butter knife to top each donut with icing.