With this round up of twenty low carb, keto friendly Christmas cookie recipes you are sure to find something that is sugar-free, gluten-free and perfect for adding to your holiday celebrations!
I absolutely love Christmas day, enjoying time with friends and family sitting around the fire as it snows outside.
Holiday treats don’t need to be difficult when following a ketogenic diet! Today I have compiled a listing of over twenty low carb, keto-friendly recipes that you simply must try! Find some new favorites to add to your next cookie swap.
The best keto Christmas cookie recipes:
Ever since I began following keto, I have been busy adapting many of my recipes to be low carb. Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on a keto diet. Or use my keto meal plans for simple weekly menu ideas!
Friends will never believe that these Keto Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint cookies are low carb! A must make this holiday season.
These Keto Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies are one of my favorites!
Trust me, these Keto Caramel Turtle Cookies are well worth the effort! They are a crowd pleaser every time that I serve them!
I love this simple Keto Chocolate Candy Cane Cookie recipe. The crushed sugar free peppermints make creating this cookie easy!
Keto cookies & bars:
Some of the most delicious keto christmas recipes are those with simple ingredients. Like: butter, almond flour and monk fruit sweetener. We happen to love these keto-friendly cookies with very few net carbs!
While these Keto Cranberry Bliss Bars are clearly not a cookie, they should definitely be added to your must bake list! The cream cheese frosting covered in white chocolate drizzle is my favorite part.
These Keto Gingerbread Cookies are perfect for a special holiday event. The kids are sure to love these low carb cookies too!
Low Carb Triple Chocolate and Peppermint Cookies make a lovely addition to any dessert plate. Or store them in an airtight container to satisfy your sweet tooth daily.
Keto Snickerdoodles are some of the most delicious cookies I’ve ever had! The combination of vanilla extract and cinnamon flavours make them perfect for this time of year.
Keto Rolled Sugar Cookies – roll out the cookie dough, cut with cookie cutters and top with sugar-free sweetener . This gluten free recipe won’t just be a substitute for sugar cookies, it will actually replace your old recipe!
Keto Cranberry and Orange Cookies are a super simple and quick cookie. This recipe with fresh cranberries and oranges could become a keto lifestyle staple!
You’ll fall in love with cookies all over again after you try these Keto Sugar Cookies. Not only are they super quick and easy to make, but they’re crunchy and tasty with that traditional sugar cookie vibe.
Low carb Christmas cookies:
These Keto Lemon Cookies are family favorites! Wrapped in parchment paper and baker’s twine, they make a lovely gift.
These keto soft sugar cookies are one of those easy keto recipes that you will be making over and over again! They are classic Christmas cookies that are sure to become one of your favorite cookies – promise.
These sugar-free keto vanilla crescents are a great way to enjoy a low carb, keto Christmas dessert. Be sure to add them to your family dinner!
Dark chocolate and almonds are a staple of any ketogenic diet. These Almond Shortbread Cookies make the perfect shortbread base for all kinds of keto desserts!
This post contains affiliate links.
Keto baking tips:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like almond flour instead of wheat flour and stevia instead of cane sugar.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like these Keto Mint Chocolate Cookies, Dark Chocolate Almond Bars or Keto Turtle Cookies and use them in your must bake list.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
These sugar free meringue cookies make a great addition to your keto Christmas menu. I love making these low carb treats for the whole family.
Other sugar alternatives:
- Stevia is made from the Stevia leaf, I like to use both the granulated and powdered version of this in my recipes.
- Monk Fruit sweetener is made from Monk fruit, this is another sugar substitute that is low on the glycemic index.
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol and another popular low carb sweetener that can be used in baking.
This Keto Orange Shortbread Recipe makes some of the best keto holiday cookies!
A note on flour alternatives:
- Almond flour is my personal favorite for consistency and flavour. I like to purchase the Kirkland brand almond flour from Costco.
- Coconut flour can sometimes be crumbly in my experience but good in combination with almond flour. I like the Red Mill brand.
- Rice flour is my least favorite in terms of consistency but a great alternative for those who may have allergies.
One of the best recipes that I’ve had are these Keto Cream Cheese Cookies. They are a great addition to any special occasion.
Keto Monte Carlo Cookies would make festive cookies this time of year!
Keto Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect holiday treat to pair with your morning coffee!
Be sure to check out my Healthy Keto Recipes eBook for more great ideas and recipes! Your entire family is sure to love these recipes.
If you love these keto friendly Christmas cookie recipes, please help me share them on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy them too!