Hello my friends! These Mint Chocolate Cookies are by far my favorite keto cookies to date. I have been experimenting with a number of cookie recipes for the holidays. I wanted to create something that I felt was festive enough to serve with all my sweet treats but would be keto friendly.
They taste a bit like a dark chocolate brownie with a hint of mint flavouring. I love the combination of soft, chewy texture and chocolately flavour. The mixture of mint and chocolate really gives these cookies a festive feel that is perfect for pairing with other holiday goodies.
I wasn’t always a fan of dark chocolate but once I began to follow a ketogenic lifestyle I quickly became a convert. But if you don’t like dark chocolate, you probably wont like these cookies. They are definitely not as sweet as a traditional cookie and very dark chocolate tasting.
1/2 cup almond flour
125 grams cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3 tsp stevia
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp baking powder
2o grams Lindt 90% dark chocolate (optional)
Calories 50 Protein 2g Fat 5g Carbs 1.5g
In a food processor mix dry ingredients.
Add egg, extract and cheese.
Combine until a soft dough forms.
Use a small cookie scoop to place walnut size balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12 mins at 350.
Allow the cookies to cool.
Melt dark chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over cookies.
- Almond flour is my personal favorite for consistency and flavour. I like to purchase the Kirkland brand almond flour from Costco.
- Coconut flour can sometimes be crumbly in my experience but good in combination with almond flour. I like the Red Mill brand.
- Rice flour is my least favorite in terms of consistency but a great alternative for those who may have allergies.
- Stevia is made from the Stevia leaf, I like to use both the granulated and powdered version of this in my recipes.
- Monk Fruit extract is made from Monk fruit, this is another great alternative that is low on the glycemic index.
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol and another popular low carb sweetener that can be used in baking.
- ½ cup almond flour
- 125 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- An egg
- 20 grams Lindt 90% dark chocolate (optional)
- In a food processor mix dry ingredients.
- Add egg, extract and cheese.
- Combine until a soft dough forms.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place walnut size balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 mins at 350.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over cookies.
Rather than drizzling dark chocolate overtop of the cookies I now dip them into the chocolate. Very similarly to my Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies.