These keto lemon pepper wings are perfectly tart and flavourful. Make this yummy recipe for your next super bowl party or event.
Everyone knows that when it comes to wings, I am a bit of a connoisseur. You can often find me at our local restaurant for “wing Wednesday” where I am avidly taste testing new flavours. This lemon pepper wing recipe is one of my favorite at home appetizers. They are crispy, tart and absolutely delicious!
Ever since I began following a ketogenic lifestyle over two years ago, I have been adapting many of my favorite recipes with low carb substitutions like this one. You can check out my Keto Beginner Guide to see how I got started on my ketogenic journey and lost over 85lbs in less than a year.
How to make these keto lemon pepper wings:
1. Place the wings on a parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Bake in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Tip: Use almond flour to create a low carb breading for these wings. You can substitute your breading of choice as desired. Baking powder can be used for crispier wings or try crushed pork rinds for more of a crunch.
4. Remove the wings from the oven and coat them in the lemon pepper mixture.
5. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 mins, flipping the wings half way.
6. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
This post contains affiliate links.
More tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
Be sure to check out my How I Quit Sugar eBook!
I love the crisp, tangy flavour of these keto lemon pepper wings! We also love these Keto Teriyaki Wings and Keto Sweet Buffalo Wings for serving to guests at parties. When you make them, please leave a review to let me know what you think…
If you love this wings recipe please give it a five star review and share it on Facebook or Pinterest!
- 2lbs chicken wings
- 1/4 cup almond flour (or baking powder)
- 5 tsp true lemon (dehydrated lemon zest)
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Place wings on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove wings from the oven and coat in the lemon pepper
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 mins.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon.
**Use baking powder instead of almond flour for crispier