This Loaded Cauliflower Bake Recipe is beyond delicious and simple to make. It has quickly become a family favorite around here, a recipe that even my picky kiddos love! I always love an easy, one pot casserole. Make it fully loaded and low carb? Well, now we have a real winner!
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto.
There is a reason why fully loaded baked potatoes are so widely loved. The combination of gooey cheese, sour cream, crunchy green onion and savory bacon bits is to die for. But when you are following a ketogenic lifestyle potatoes are officially off of the menu because of their high carb content. Lucky for us that cauliflower makes an amazing substitute! This dish has all of the rich flavours of a loaded baked potato without all of the carbs.
I mean, would you just take a look at the cheesy deliciousness that is this cauliflower bake?! Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cooked
- 125g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How to make this loaded cauliflower bake recipe:
- Cook cauliflower until al dente, drain and chop into bite sized pieces.
2. Combine cauliflower, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and sour cream in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Place mixture into an 8″ round baking dish.
4. Top with cheddar cheese and diced bacon.
5. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until melty and golden.
6. Serve with sour cream, green onions and bacon bits.
Be sure to cook the cauliflower before combining it with the remaining ingredients. This is key in giving this casserole it’s rich, creamy texture. Cooking the cauliflower before hand allows for it to soak up some of the cream cheese and prevents it from being too runny upon baking.
This recipe can easily be prepared as a camping meal. We do a lot of camping in the warmer months so I am always looking for new dishes to add to our outdoor meal preparation. It would be simple enough to prepare all of these ingredients and wrap them into a tinfoil packet for baking. I can’t wait to try it!
Tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools (aff links) like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
If you love this easy keto recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g