This love bites valentine t-shirt idea is so fun for Valentines Day! Complete with a free SVG cut file, it’s super easy to make.
Personalized t-shirts are one of my absolute favorite things to create, especially for my boys! They are so full of charisma and spunk that I love to make t-shirts that showcase their personalities. Today I am sharing two versions of this love bites valentine t-shirt that makes the perfect project for Valentines Day. One for the dinosaur lover and one for the shark lover.
Cam has been all about everything jurassic this year so a dinosaur t-shirt for him was a must and Isaiah has been fascinated with everything under the sea so a shark t-shirt for him just made sense. Let me show you how to create your own Love Bites T-shirts.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Create a T-shirt Using Iron On Vinyl:
- Upload the image you want to cut to the Silhouette Studio software.
- Use the software to enlarge, edit and flip the image. Images that are going to be printed onto heat transfer vinyl (HTV) must be flipped so that the text can be cut and ironed onto the t-shirt facing the correct way.
- Cut the image out of HTV using the Silhouette Cameo (or similar cutting machine).
- Weed the excess vinyl from the image using the Silhouette weeding tool.
- Place the image onto the t-shirt with the sticky carrier sheet facing down. Double check that your image is facing the right way.
- Cover the carrier sheet with a large piece of parchment paper or cotton cloth.
- Press with an iron (I use this Iron from Black & Decker), set to high heat with zero steam, for 15 – 30 seconds. Move the iron around the image applying firm pressure until it is set.
- Peel the carrier sheet off and you’re all done!
You will need the SVG Love Bites Cut File. Be sure to grab the Love Bites Dinosaur Cut Files, Love Bites Shark Cut File and the Hearts Cut File. Download them from Google Drive to your computer and then open them in your Silhouette design studio.
Resize the image to fit your t-shirt or design space if needed. Don’t forget to flip your image when cutting onto heat transfer vinyl. The SVG cut files have already been flipped for you.
Cut the dinosaur image from black vinyl and the larger heart from red vinyl.
Weed both sheets of vinyl to reveal the final image.
Center onto a pre-washed clean t-shirt. Iron on the black dinosaur image first.
Iron on the red heart image second.
Be sure to use an iron that is on high but NOT set to steam. Cover each image with parchment paper and use firm, even pressure to affix the heat transfer vinyl to the t-shirt.
Repeat the above steps with the shark image and using the smaller heart for the shark version of this Love Bites project.
Our final t-shirts turned out perfect! This was a quick and easy project that my boys are excited to wear for Valentine’s Day this year.
Cute right?! Please let me know if you make a love bites valentine t-shirt of your own!
Be sure to check out all of these Valentine SVG Ideas:
- I Love You – That’s What Che Said
- Love Letter – We Can Make That
- You’re My Lobster – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Zombie Ate My Heart – Printable Crush
- All We Need is Love – Kelly Leigh Creates
- My Class is Full of Sweet Hearts – unOriginal Mom
- Love Shirt – Try It Like It Create It
- My Heart Belongs To Mommy/Daddy – Hello Creative Family
- Love You Most. The End. I win. – Happy Go Lucky Blog
- Valentine Tacos – Everyday Party Magazine
- Donuts are My Valentine – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Hello Love – The Girl Creative
- Conversation Hearts – Liz on Call
- Llama Love You Forever – Life Sew Savory
- Scrunchie Valentine – Fynes Designs
- All of Me Loves All of You – Cutting Machine Crafting
- XOXO Pajamas – SeeLindsay
- Love Bites – Homemade Heather
- Love Stinks, Let’s Drink – Leap of Faith Crafting
- Kids Valentine Shirt – Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
This is such a cute cut file, Heather! Thanks