This Cauliflower Keto Shepherd’s Pie Recipe is a delicious low carb dish that is perfect for the whole family. Be sure to add it to your keto menu plan!
Shepherds Pie is one of those dishes that is often a family staple. For years I have been making this low carb version that is perfect for those who may be following a ketogenic lifestyle. It’s as simple as swapping out the traditional mashed potato topping for mashed cauliflower. I use garlic mashed cauliflower for an even tastier, more flavourful addition to this recipe.
Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto.
My kids are also big fans of these Cheesy Meatloaf and Mashed Cauliflower Cups which are very similar to this Shepherd’s Pie recipe but without all of the obvious veggies.
This Keto Shepherds Pie was a big hit with the kids too! Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
How to make Keto Shepherd’s Pie:
- First, cook the beef, drain and add vegetables.
2. Next, layer a 7×11″ casserole dish with the meat and vegetable mixture.
3. Then, add peas and crumbled bacon.
4. Finally, top with herb and garlic mashed cauliflower. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
If you love this easy keto recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 4 bacon slices, cooked
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 100 g onion, diced
- 50 g celery, diced
- 100 g carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 600 g cauliflower florets, steamed and well drained
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp herb & garlic cream cheese
- In a large frying pan, cook bacon. Set aside.
- Add beef to the pan and cook on medium.
- Add onion, celery and carrots and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Reduce temperature to low and add broth, flour and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir and combine with spices.
- Place meat mixture into the bottom of a medium casserole pan.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- In a medium bowl combine cooked cauliflower, butter and cream cheese.
- Mash cauliflower until smooth and creamy.
- Spread overtop of meat mixture.
- Score topping with a fork, brush with egg and dust with paprika (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g
All values are approximate and based on ingredients used by the recipe writer. Always calculate your own individual nutritional values for the most accurate calculation.