This mason jar monster craft is adorable for kids birthday parties or Halloween decorating.
We are slightly monster obsessed around here as proven by this crochet Monster hat pattern, these Monster goodie bags and this roll a Monster game. Clearly we love monsters so it made total sense to create this cute mason jar monster to hold onto our Halloween candy this year.
There is just something endearing about a giant monster eye made out of felt I tell ya. We’ve made this Monster embroidery hoop art, these Monster cookie pops and these Monster finger puppets in the past too! Be sure to check out all of the monster posts for tons of inspiration.
Materials that you’ll need to create this craft:
- 500 ml wide mouth mason jar
- Blue acrylic paint
- White puffy paint
- Black puffy paint
- Paint brush
- Yellow felt material
- White felt material
- Black felt material
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to make this mason jar monster:
1. Gather supplies.
2. Paint the entire jar blue (this can take up to three coats for good coverage).
3. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
4. Cut a large circle approx. 3″ out of white felt material.
5. Cut a medium circle approx. 2.5″ out of yellow felt material.
6. Cut a small circle approx. 2″ out of black felt material
7. Glue the felt circles together to create an eye.
8. Cut jagged hair approx. 3.5″ x 1.5″ out of yellow felt material.
9. Glue the eye to the front of the jar.
10. Glue the hair to the front top edge of the jar.
11. Add a smile with black puffy paint.
12. Add a highlight to the eye with white puffy paint.
13. Fill the jar with candy.
I think that his little side smile is my favorite feature.
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
When you make one of these mason jar monster crafts, please share! I would love to see it…