We love these mini pumpkin pies! When fall arrives I am ready for everything pumpkin! Pumpkin decor, pumpkin lattes and pumpkin treats. So I had to share this much loved Mini Pumpkin Pie recipe with you today. These are such a yummy addition to any meal or gathering.
How to make this mini pumpkin pie recipe:
The tart shell recipe comes straight from my grandmother. It is one that she uses for all of her pie recipes and it is beyond delicious! I used it for all of my tarts and pies.
2/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups flour
4oz room temperature cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup canned pureed pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Blending the filling is quick and easy, especially if are using a Kitchen Aide mixer. Tip: be sure that the cream cheese is room temperature so that it mixes in smoothly.
When pressing the dough into the mini muffin tin it is helpful to use your thumbs to work the tart shell into the mould.
Drop spoonfuls of filling in to reach almost the top of each shell.
Yum right?! Perfect served with vanilla ice cream or a bit of whipping cream!
More tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers (aff link) to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
If you like this mini pumpkin pie recipe please give it a five star review and share on Facebook or Pinterest!
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned puree pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine sugar and margarine.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and combine until a soft dough forms.
- Press walnut sized balls of dough into greased mini muffin cups.
- Mix filling ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture into tart shells.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.