This orange ginger BBQ salmon recipe is full of flavour and easy to grill. We love the combination of orange and ginger flavours that make for a perfectly delicious fish.
We have been making all kinds of delicious grilled recipes this year like this cheesy campfire dip and these grilled zucchini pizza bites. And did you see the garbage can turkey recipe from last week?! Mind blown!!
I have to say that this grilled salmon is probably my favorite recent recipe though. We’ve shared this Lemon Chipotle BBQ Salmon variation before. This way of grilling salmon is so delicious that I keep asking for more. The infusion of ginger and orange flavours are to die for!
How to make orange ginger BBQ salmon:
- Start by sprinkling fresh ginger, sugar, chipotle seasoning and garlic on the fish. Then top that with the zest from one orange and green onion.
- Thinly slice the orange and layer it on top of the salmon. Allow the salmon to rest for 15mins, soaking in the flavours.
- Place the fish skin side down on the BBQ and grill for 25mins. Tip: oil or grease the grill before cooking to help prevent the skin from sticking.
- Cook until just opaque through the thickest part of the fish. Tip: don’t worry about the sides or bottom of the salmon burning as the skin acts as a protective barrier. It’s absolutely delicious!
We love this paired with grilled vegetables like fresh green beans or asparagus topped with cheese sauce. I am a salmon loving convert after tasting this yummy recipe for the first time. Now we have it once a month at least. We’ve experimented with a few variations on this recipe. You simply must try the Lemon Chipotle BBQ Salmon, I think that you guys will love it as much as I do.
Our kitchen essentials for grilling:
- I love using these non-stick T-fal Frying Pans (aff link) for all of my sauteing.
- These silicone tongs (aff link) are perfect for flipping.
- This Henckel Knife (aff link) is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These grilling bags (aff link) make clean up a breeze and these parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging.
Costco has great deals on fresh Salmon. That’s where we got our salmon the last time that we made this orange ginger BBQ salmon recipe. We’ve been doing a lot of fishing with the boys lately in hopes that we can catch a fresh salmon of our own to cook on the grill soon. Stay tuned!