This paper bag Grinch craft is super fun to make with the kids!
My boys love to make holiday themed gift bags, especially for their school teachers. When they found these green party bags in my craft room they decided to create this cute Grinch craft. Today I am sharing the step by step process to make one of your own…
We have shared all kinds of Grinch inspired crafts in the past! Like this pin the heart on the Grinch activity, this roll a Grinch game or this Grinch mug gift idea. So be sure to poke around the blog a bit for more fun holiday crafting ideas.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies that you’ll need to create this craft:
- Green party bag
- Black puffy paint
- Yellow puffy paint
- Red puffy paint
- White felt material
- Large white pom pom
- Red cardstock
- Black Sharpie marker
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
How to make a paper bag Grinch:
1. Gather supplies.
2. Sketch a Grinch face onto the green party bag with a pencil.
3. Draw a Grinch face with the black Sharpie marker. Trace over the face with black puffy paint (optional).
4. Fill in the eyes with yellow and red puffy paint.
5. Cut a red triangle shape 3.5″ x 3.5″ out of red cardstock.
6. Cut a rectangular shape 1″x4″ out of white felt material.
7. Glue the material to the bottom of the red triangle and glue the white pom pom to the top.
8. Glue the finished Santa hat to the top front edge of the paper bag.
Fill the bag with tissue paper and your choice of gift! Store bought candy, a gift card or homemade cookies like these Candy Cane Brownie Blossoms would be my choice.
Who would you give this bag to and what would you fill it with?!
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
When you make this paper bag Grinch craft please share a photo! I would love to see it…