This paper plate Grinch craft is absolutely adorable!
We love the Grinch and have shared all kinds of Grinch inspired crafts in the past! Like this pin the heart on the Grinch activity, this roll a Grinch game or this Grinch mug gift idea. So be sure to poke around the blog a bit for more fun holiday crafting ideas.
Supplies that you’ll need to create this craft:
- Green paper plate
- Black puffy paint
- Red puffy paint
- White felt material
- Red felt material
- Yellow felt material
- Black pipe cleaner
- Large white pom pom
- Black Sharpie marker
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
How to make this paper plate Grinch:
1. Sketch a Grinch face onto the paper plate with a pencil.
2. Trace over the face with a black Sharpie marker or black puffy paint.
5. Cut a red triangle shape 4″ x 3.5″ out of red felt material.
6. Cut a rectangular shape 1″x4.5″ out of white felt material.
7. Glue the white material to the bottom of the red triangle and glue the white pom pom to the top.
8. Cut two yellow tear drop shapes 1.5″x2″ out of yellow felt material.
9. Cut two lengths of black pipe cleaner about 1″ long and fold in half.
10. Glue the finished Santa hat to the top front edge of the paper plate.
11. Glue the yellow eyes to the front of the plate and glue the black pipe cleaner bits to the outside corner of the eyes.
12. Add red detail to the eyes with puffy paint.
Our finished paper plate Grinch craft looks so cute! This would make a great preschool or elementary school project to tie into the holidays or a Dr.Seuss themed learning unit. I would love to see what kind of Grinch faces a group of kids could come up with!
Crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
When you make this paper plate Grinch craft please share a photo! I would love to see it, please share on Facebook or Pinterest.