This teen boy bedroom makeover was quick and easy to do! Wait until you see how this room went from a colorful little boy space to something more sophisticated for my teen.
I love, love, love decorating the boys rooms. They’ve has a Superhero Bedroom and Pirate Ship Room in the past but now that they are teenagers **WHAT?!**, I thought that it was time for an update!
I have a few tip & tricks that made updating this room super easy! The biggest part was purging all of his toys and collectables and donating what he no longer uses.
Too busy to read this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite DIY board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Cam has many interests, hobbies and things that he loves so it was important to include them in all of his decor. I used a giant bulletin board, open shelving, storage and hooks to do that.
This post contains affiliate links.
Decorative elements to consider:
- A giant cork bulletin board makes the perfect starting off point.
- Embellishments like this sand hour glass help to tie the space together.
- I love this furry white pillow for a fun textural element.
- Be sure to have a picture hanging kit handy.
Tips for a Teen Boy Bedroom Makeover:
- Utilize their interests in the decor.
- Showcase and hang things that they love to display.
- Keep the color scheme neutral with grey or earth tones
- Organize the space to help reduce clutter.
Hidden under Cam’s bed is this great Lego Play Station. Usually his lego is all over the floor but this solution helps to keep things tucked away.
This space is where most of his lego is now stored and displayed. He keeps works in progress on the open shelves.
I stacked a few of his favorite books and added photographs of some of his favorite people to the space.
The wall art is something that I made years ago for one of my Pinspired Projects classes. I think that it is perfect for a teen boys room LOL
If you love this teen boy bedroom makeover, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!