We loved making this reindeer magnet craft! Have you started any of your holiday crafting yet? We are in full swing around here, complete with twinkly Christmas tree lights, carols playing and eggnog cookie baking.
The kids made this adorable Reindeer Magnet to hang on the fridge. They know that reindeer are my favorite! This little reindeer magnet craft that they came up with is super cute so let me show you how to make him…
I try to have crafting materials on hand at all times. My kids know that they can go into the craft room and find all sorts of things that will help them get creative! Creative and messy, lets not forget that. But I love to see them coming up with all sorts of cute craft ideas for the holidays so it’s worth it.
Keeping things organized into bins and stocked up is always helpful because then they can easily find the supplies that they may need. We tend to run out of hot glue sticks most often and I am always having to make a trip to the dollarstore to pick up more!
Supplies (affiliate links):
- snap lid
- acrylic paint
- googly eyes
- red pom pom
- brown pipe cleaner
- scrap of brown construction paper
- white school glue
How to make this reindeer magnet craft:
- Paint the snap lid brown and let it dry.
- Cut the ears out of brown construction paper.
- Shape antlers out of brown pipe cleaner.
- Glue reindeer parts onto the lid. I find that a hot glue gun works best for this.
- Glue a magnet to the back of the lid.
Cute hey?!! He’s probably my favorite snap lid craft to date. Giant googly eyes always add a certain whimsy to any good craft project. The bigger the better in my opinion! I love that we are recycling these old snap lids of mine from canning. We even used the canning ring to make this spider craft last year. We’ve made these cute snowman magnets and santa magnets too. What else would you do with them? Clearly we love holiday crafts around here.
Essentials for crafting with the kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
Be sure to check out our other snap lid projects like this Snowman Magnet Craft, Santa Magnet Craft, Jack Skellington Magnet Craft, Frankenstein Magnet Craft, Bat Magnet Craft or Pumpkin Magnet Craft. I have to say that my favorite is this cute little snap lid reindeer! Which one would you make first?
This reindeer magnet craft is simply adorable right?! I hope that you have fun crafting with your little ones and share the finished project with me!