We had a blast making this santa magnet craft. Ho, ho, ho my friends! We have been snap lid crafting again.
This Santa Magnet Craft is an awesome way to recycle your old snap lids and get crafting with the kids! Seriously, how adorable is he?! Let me show you how to make this easy santa magnet craft…
I try to have crafting materials on hand at all times. My kids know that they can go into the craft room and find all sorts of things that will help them get creative!
Keeping things organized into bins and stocked up is always helpful because then they can easily find the supplies that they may need. We tend to run out of hot glue sticks most often and I am always having to make a trip to the dollarstore to pick up more!
Supplies that you will need:
- snap lid
- acrylic paint
- googly eyes
- pom poms
- scrap of red construction paper
- white school glue
How to create this santa magnet craft:
- Paint the snap lid cream and let it dry.
- Cut a Santa hat out of red construction paper and glue it to the back of the lid.
- Glue Santa features to the front of the lid.
- Glue a magnet to the back of the lid.
Cute hey?!! I love, love, love Santas beard because it is just so fluffy! Googly eyes always add a certain whimsy to any good craft project. The bigger the better in my opinion! I love that we are recycling these old snap lids of mine from canning. We’ve made these cute snowman magnets and reindeer magnets too. What else would you do with them? Clearly we love holiday crafts around here.
Our essentials for crafting with the kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
Be sure to check out our other snap lid projects like this Reindeer Magnet Craft, Snowman Magnet Craft, Jack Skellington Magnet Craft, Frankenstein Magnet Craft, Bat Magnet Craft or Pumpkin Magnet Craft. I have to say that my favorite is the cute little snap lid reindeer! Which one would you make first?
That’s it! A super cute, quick, kid craft for the holidays. We gifted this santa magnet craft to the boys auntie this year. What would you do with a bunch of these little guys?