This is our new favorite go-to meal for dinner. My husband absolutely LOVES this Shepherds Pie which is awesome because he likes his traditional foods and is resistant to change. But this recipe has totally won him over! The mashed cauliflower with melty cheese topping tastes like cauliflower and cheese sauce all mixed in with a love for shepherds pie makes this dinner a winner!
Brown the ground beef in a frying pan and drain excess fat. Place into the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish.
Next combine the onion, carrots, oil and Worcestershire sauce in the frying pan. Cook over medium heat until softened and add peas.
Cook the cauliflower in a medium pot of boiling water until softened. Drain water and mash the cauliflower with butter and cream cheese. Add salt and pepper.
Layer the meat and vegetables in the baking dish.
Top with mashed cauliflower and cheese.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. That’s some serious YUM right there!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tsp coconut oil (can substitute butter)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup herb and garlic cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a frying pan brown beef, drain and add broth.
- Place in the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Cook carrots and onion in frying pan until soft.
- Add peas and Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer on top of beef.
- Cook cauliflower in a medium pot of boiling water and drain.
- Mash the cauliflower with butter and cream cheese.
- Place mashed cauliflower on top of vegetables.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.