We seriously love this keto sweet buffalo wings recipe!
It combines the heat of Frank’s buffalo sauce with the sweet flavour of brown sugar Swerve. This appetizer recipe is perfect for those who are following a low carb or keto lifestyle and is absolutely delicious!
Ever since I began following a ketogenic lifestyle over two years ago, I have been adapting many of my favorite recipes with low carb substitutions like this one. You can check out my Keto Beginner Guide to see how I got started on my ketogenic journey and lost over 85lbs in less than a year.
How to make these keto sweet buffalo wings:
1. Place wings on a parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Bake in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes.
3. Gather ingredients. Tip: Use Swerve sugar substitute. I like the brown sugar substitute but any Swerve or stevie sweetener would work.
4. Combine the buffalo sauce and swerve in a small mixing bowl.
5. Remove wings from the oven and coat in sauce.
6. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 mins.
7. Serve with ranch or blue cheese sauce for dipping.
We absolutely love these wings at our house! I love that they are not too spicy and a bit sweet. You can totally cook these in the air fryer too. I just bought an air fryer and love how fast it cooks chicken wings! Just be sure to add the sauce to the wings half way through cooking so that it sticks to the wings.
More tips for keto cooking:
- Find low carb substitutions for your current favorite recipes. Like cauliflower instead of perogies and radishes instead of potatoes.
- Maintain a healthy balance of protein and fats. Sometimes its hard to get enough fat and/or protein in a ketogenic diet so be sure to include a balance of both in your dishes.
- Plan ahead and use tools like this Meal Planning Printable to reach maximum success.
- Find recipes that you love, like this Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Taco Bake and Hamburger Soup, and use them in your weekly rotation.
- Be sure to stock the kitchen with helpful tools (aff links) like this food scale, these measuring cups and a Kitchen Aid mixer.
So good right?! Trust me, these wings taste even better than they look!
- 2lbs chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp Swerve, brown sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce
- Place wings on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Combine the buffalo sauce and swerve in a small mixing bowl.
- Remove wings from the oven and coat in sauce.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 mins.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese sauce for dipping.