This Tough as a Mother t-shirt idea is so fun for busy moms! Complete with a free SVG cut file, it’s super easy to make.
I have been training HARD for an epic week-long backpacking trip this summer. My girlfriend Holly and I will be hiking the West Coast Trail in July and we couldn’t be more excited! It’s been a goal of mine since I was a teenager and I can’t wait to tackle this adventure. I simply HAD to create these “Tough as a Mother” t-shirts for us. We are a couple of tough single mommas, let me tell you! Today I’m sharing the free cut file with you so that you can create your own…
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Create a T-shirt Using Iron On Vinyl:
- Upload the image you want to cut to the Silhouette Studio software.
- Use the software to enlarge, edit and flip the image. Images that are going to be printed onto heat transfer vinyl (HTV) must be flipped so that the text can be cut and ironed onto the t-shirt facing the correct way.
- Cut the image out of HTV using the Silhouette Cameo (or similar cutting machine).
- Weed the excess vinyl from the image using the Silhouette weeding tool.
- Place the image onto the t-shirt with the sticky carrier sheet facing down. Double check that your image is facing the right way.
- Cover the carrier sheet with a large piece of parchment paper or cotton cloth.
- Press with an iron (I use this Iron from Black & Decker), set to high heat with zero steam, for 15 – 30 seconds. Move the iron around the image applying firm pressure until it is set.
- Peel the carrier sheet off and you’re all done!
I’m also doing 5K Foam Fest with the boys again, check out our Yoda Star Wars Running T-shirt team uniform. Our t-shirts from last year were a huge hit… I need to come up with something for this year! Any suggestions?!
If you love this Tough as a Mother T-shirt SVG project, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!