This wood slice Chewbacca ornament is an awesome holiday craft idea for Star Wars fans! Check out the easy step-by-step tutorial.
Follow the super easy tutorial to make a Chewbacca ornament of your very own!
This post contains affiliate links.
This year I decided to purchase a pencil Christmas tree and decorate a Star Wars Chewbacca themed Christmas tree. We seriously love Star Wars THAT MUCH. And with the release of the Mandelorian, season two on Disney Plus, the timing couldn’t be better!
Our Chewbacca Christmas tree has been a fun addition to the holiday decor. I honestly can’t get enough of it, especially while binge watching Star Wars!
When I decided to put the tree together I knew that I would need a few more DIY Chewbacca ornaments so that is where this wood slice Chewbacca ornament comes in. Be sure to check out our cinnamon Chewbacca ornament, Chewbacca ball ornament, wooden Chewbacca craft and rustic wooden bead ornaments too!
How to make this easy wood slice Chewbacca ornament:
- Gather your supplies. You will need: a wood slice with a hole drilled at the top (we sliced these from logs in my yard but you can buy them at Michaels), brown acrylic paint, black acrylic paint, white acrylic paint, a paint brush and twine.
2. Paint the entire wood slice dark brown.
3. Paint fur details in medium and light brown. Tip: use a dry paint brush for a more textured look.
4. Use black paint to add an ammo belt and grey paint to add bullets.
5. String with twine to create a loop to hang from the tree.
Easy right?! This is probably my favorite Chewbacca craft to date. I think that I need to make a bunch more to attach to Christmas gifts this year!
Check out my crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this wood slice Chewbacca ornament, please help us share it on Facebook and Pinterest!