This easy overnight french toast casserole makes the perfect Sunday morning breakfast! It’s simple to make from scratch with this recipe and can be prepared in less than ten minutes. Let me show you how…
We absolutely love this easy breakfast recipe! The boys request that I make it all the time because it is so yummy. I am happy to oblige them because it is super simple to have prepared for the next day.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pure maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 7-10 (1″ thick) french bread slices
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
How to make this easy overnight french toast casserole:
- Mix together the brown sugar, melted butter, and 1/2 of the maple syrup. Spread mixture into a 12″ round (or 9″x13″) baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with 3⁄4 cup of the pecans. Place french bread slices evenly on top.
- Whisk together next six ingredients. Pour over bread slices. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove baking dish from the refrigerator and let it stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the casserole with powdered sugar and reserved pecans. Serve with remaining syrup.
This is the perfect dish for lazy Sunday mornings or during the holidays. Anything that I can prepare in advance and just throw in the oven is a win in my books! In fact, I even created this Keto Overnight French Toast Casserole for my keto loving self! Trust me when I say that it is just as delicious as the original!
You can use whatever size baking dish that you have, the bigger the better to keep all of the delicious caramel sauce in.
This round dish is good for a smaller gathering but if you have a larger crowd, be sure to use a 9×13 sized baking dish at least.
We like to sprinkle our overnight french toast casserole with powdered sugar and…
cover it in real maple syrup! Another favorite is drizzling caramel sauce overtop.
This would also be great served with strawberries and whipped cream!
This post contains affiliate links.
Kitchen essentials for baking:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
If you love this easy french toast casserole recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!