This polymer clay broccoli craft is fun to make and perfect for identifying seeds that you have planted in the garden this spring. Let me show you how to make this cute garden marker…
Too busy to make this right away? Pin the post for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready.
When planting seeds in the spring it’s super easy to forget what you’ve planted once the seeds are under the soil. So I created this darling clay broccoli to mark our broccoli seeds this year.
This post contains affiliate links.
My essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey Polymer Oven Bake Clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
Supplies that you will need:
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- polymer clay in green, light green and black
- clay cutting and shaping tools
- black sharpie fine tip marker
- white glue
- white paint
- mod podge
- paint brush
- Form a 2 cm green ball into a cylinder shape, form ten ½-1 cm dark green balls and make two tiny black balls.
2. Press the dark green balls to the top of lighter green cylinder.
3. Form two indents for eyes with the stylus. Pierce a hole in the bottom with a toothpick.
4. Bake as directed on the package. For me that’s usually 20 minutes at 220 degrees.
5. Glue the black balls on for eyes, add a white dot with the paint, a smile with the marker and seal with mod podge.
Add a toothpick to create a little stake to press into the soil and voila!
How darling are these garden markers?! You can find the entire clay vegetable garden marker tutorial here. We can’t wait to see all of our little vegetable seeds sprout this spring.
If you love this cute broccoli garden marker, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!