This polymer clay cucumber craft is cute to make and perfect for identifying seeds that you have planted in the garden this spring. Let me show you how to make this little garden marker…
Too busy to make this right away? Pin the post for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready.
When planting seeds in the spring it’s super easy to forget what you’ve planted once the seeds are under the soil. So I created this darling cucumber to mark our cucumber seeds this year.
This post contains affiliate links.
My essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey Polymer Oven Bake Clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
Supplies that you will need:
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- polymer clay in dark green and black
- clay cutting and shaping tools
- black sharpie fine tip marker
- white glue
- white paint
- mod podge
- paint brush
- Form a 2 cm dark green ball into a long cylinder shape about 4 cm long.
2. Form two indents for eyes with the stylus. Pierce a hole in the bottom with a toothpick. Roll two tiny black balls.
3. Bake as directed on the package. For me that’s 20 minutes at 220 degrees.
4. Glue the black balls on for eyes, add a white dot with the paint, a smile with the marker and seal with mod podge.
5. Add a toothpick to create a little stake to press into the soil and voila! Cute clay cucumber garden marker.
How darling are these vegetable garden markers?! You can find the entire DIY clay vegetable garden marker tutorial here. We can’t wait to see all of our little vegetable seeds sprout this spring.
If you love this cute cucumber garden marker, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!