Learn how to make bird nest cupcakes with this super easy cupcake tutorial! They are so adorable to create for Easter this year.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite cupcake board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Not everyone knows this…
but I am actually not a big fan of snacking on cupcakes.
At times I can be surrounded by a sea of cupcakes for class or special occasions and may not even try one.
Give me a bag of chips though and it’s a whole different story…
We made these cute little guys during a recent Cupcake Creations class.
This post contains affiliate links.
My kitchen essentials for baking:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
How to make bird nest cupcakes…
- Vanilla cupcakes filled with cookie dough
- Dunken Hines frosting
- Toasted coconut
- Mini Eggs
- Edible black food marker
- Yellow modelling chocolate
They chicks are nestled on a cookie dough filled, vanilla cupcake.
1. The cupcake is topped with icing and toasted coconut to create a nest.
2. Then we added our little Mini Egg chicks.
3. The noses were made out of modelling chocolate with edible marker used to create eyes.