Here’s what you need to make the most delicious, perfectly smoked recipes on the Traeger grill. These are our tried & true, must have Traeger grilling products!
We are always smoking something around here or firing up the grill and hosting a back yard bar-be-cue. So today we wanted to share some of our must have products if you are planning on joining the Traeger nation.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
If you’re a fan of smoking and grilling, then you know that having the right tools and accessories can make all the difference in the quality of your food. Traeger offers a wide range of products that can help take your smoking and grilling to a whole other level.
Today we have rounded up some of our favorite Traeger products and gear that we think everyone should have. These are products that we use all the time and would recommend having to make every cook amazing!
Where’s the best place to buy a Traeger grill?
Due to customer demand, Traeger pellet grills can now be found at a number of retailers. Both Home Depot and Ace Hardware are an authorized dealer of Traeger grills products.
If you are looking to purchase a new grill it’s often nice to have the help of friendly personal shoppers who can offer advise and compare different models. Sometimes retailers will include assembly (which is great!) or good deals on older models.
The drawback is that they are seasonal and have limited quantities during the off season. In addition, products can only be reviewed during regular business hours.
Traeger smokers can also be found online directly through the website. The website offers a ton of valuable information and resources for researching a quality grill!
All of the latest Traeger models like the Traeger ironwood and pro series are available online with free delivery. I like to be able to take a closer look at the unique features and specifications of any item at my leisure.
Ultimately a Traeger pellet smoker is an excellent choice for grilling, whether it be a slow cook or quick sear. This popular grill creates the best wood-fired flavor!
This post contains affiliate links.
Which grill should I buy?
First and foremost, any one of the quality traeger wood pellet grills is a must-have for the serious smoker or griller. Traeger offers a range of pellet grills in different sizes and styles, so you can find the perfect one to fit your needs.
Traeger grills use wood pellets as fuel, giving your food a delicious, smoky flavor that simply can’t be replicated with gas or charcoal.
The use of pellets allows for precise temperature control, giving you the ability to cook low and slow or hot and fast with ease.
After purchasing our Traeger grill in 2020, it has since replaced both our traditional backyard barbecue and vertical electric smoker.
The Traeger Pro 780 is our smoker of choice and suits our families needs perfectly. Here’s why…
- The turbo temp feature allows us to move from smoking to grilling faster. It helps the grill maintain and recover the temperature after lifting the lid. It achieves a high heat quickly to create those perfect grill lines!
- We love the larger capacity of this grill! It has 780 square inches of cooking space that allows us to cook for a crowd – we’ve even fit an entire pig in this thing!
- It’s versatility is unmatched in that it quickly and easily cooks a meal for our family or can be used to roast six whole chickens, enough to feed a crowd!
- The built in WiFire technology and cooking prob allows us to easily monitor or cooks for best results. The digital control panel and wi-fi connectivity is awesome.
Where is the Best Place to Buy Wood Pellets?
Once you have your grill, you’ll want to invest in some quality natural wood pellets. Traeger offers a variety of wood pellet flavors, from classic hickory and mesquite to more unique options like apple and cherry.
Experimenting with different wood pellets can help you find the perfect flavor profile for your favorite meats and smoking recipes. A bag of pellets will give each dish unique flavors so it’s nice that this grill come with a hopper that can easily be changed to different pellets.
The widest selection of Traeger natural hardwood pellets is available online in their shop. We also like to stock up on the signature blend pellets at Costco when they are in stock, they are a good choice to use in most cooks. We have found Costco to be the most economical place to buy pellets locally.
This post contains affiliate links.
Must Have Traeger Accessories:
Next up, you’ll need some accessories to help make your smoking and grilling experience even better. Here are just a few of the thing that we use with our Traeger and would recommend having!
- Grilling Tools – a good set of grilling tools, like Traeger’s stainless steel spatula, tongs and fork, can make it easier to flip and maneuver your food on the grill.
- Meater Thermometer – often we have more than one cut of meat on the grill and that’s where this sturdy meat probe comes in. The Meater can help you monitor the internal temperature of your meat and ensure it’s cooked to perfection. This has quickly become an essential tool in our kitchen!
- Cast Iron Skillet – a cast iron skillet is useful in many of our recipes and is a versatile piece of cookware.
- Traeger Grill Cover – this heavy-duty cover will protect your grill from the elements, keeping it clean and dry between uses. It’s designed to fit your Traeger grill perfectly, so you can be sure that your investment is protected.
- Front Shelf – we built our outdoor bar and patio specifically around our wood-fired grill. But if you don’t have this capacity then the additional folding front shelf attachment is a great option for your grill.
- Traeger Drip Tray Liners – these are a game changer when it comes to cleanup. These disposable aluminum liners fit perfectly into your grill’s drip tray. They make it easy to dispose of grease and other drippings after each use. Aluminum foil may also be used to line the drip tray but I find that the liners last longer and can be reused, saving time and money.
Signature Rubs and Sauces:
Blackened Saskatchewan Rub – this rub is a favorite of ours and works beautifully on our skillet blackened salmon recipe.
Traeger Veggie Rub – the combination of seasonings in this rub are ideal for seasoning roast vegetables on the grill.
Smoked Bloody Mary Mix – perfect for creating a signature cocktail OR using as a delicious marinade!
We love to smoke all kinds of recipes on our grill! It’s perfect for cooking everything from appetizers to full course meals.
Our favorite Traeger recipes:
- The Best Smoked Burgers – these tasty smoked burgers will quickly become a dinner time staple. They are absolutely delicious, flavourful and perfectly cooked on the grill, making this the best smoked burger recipe you’ll ever have!
- Traeger Baby Back Ribs – these Traeger smoked baby back ribs are seriously the best thing that you’ll pull off the grill this year! Perfectly cooked and flavourful – these ribs are a must make.
- Beer Can Chicken – this easy beer can chicken recipe will be the best thing that you make all summer. It’s absolutely delicious, moist and perfectly cooked on the grill every time.
- The Best Smoked Traeger Turkey – learn how to cook a whole turkey on a Traeger grill with this easy recipe. This method of cooking makes for one of the tastiest birds we’ve ever had!
Overall, whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out with smoking and grilling, Traeger has a variety of must-have products that can help you take your cooking to the next level.
From pellet grills to wood pellets to accessories and cleaning products, investing in high-quality Traeger products can help you achieve delicious, smoky flavors and perfectly cooked meats and vegetables every time.
With our must have Traeger grilling products, you’ll be able to take your outdoor cooking game to new heights! If you found this post informative, please help us share it on Facebook or Pinterest too.