Discover a world of creativity with these animal coloring pages! From majestic whales to playful flamingos, bring these creatures to life with color.
I think coloring is such a great creative outlet. I don’t have to have a bunch of artistic skills, because the drawing has already been done for me. All I have to do is choose my colors and bring my picture to life. It is just such a fun way to spend time.
Coloring is a great activity for children too. There is no right or wrong way to do it.
There is a huge variety of coloring supplies that they can use, like crayons, colored pencils, or markers. It is also an excellent way to practice and develop fine motor skills.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
There are so many free resources for free coloring pages, from simple designs for younger kids to more complex pictures for the older crowd. I want to share one of those free resources with you today.
Each free coloring page that I am sharing today is full of animal patterns that kids will love filling in with all kinds of different colors. They are a great way to keep kids of all ages busy on a rainy day! Older children and adults will especially appreciate these intricate drawings.
I have included eight awesome free printable coloring pages that can be used individually and would also make a great coloring book. Each picture would be so much fun to color with the kids!
Each of these printables can be saved directly to your computer by right clicking on the image and selecting “save”. Or you can download the complete package of PDF files using the form at the bottom of this post. For personal use only.
- Frame some of your kids’ colored animal pictures and use them as wall art.
- Print a smaller version of the coloring page design and use it to make a greeting card.
- Going on a trip? Make up some DIY coloring books using different free coloring pages. You can make them all the same or customize them for each of your kids. Switch up the difficulty level or theme. There are so many possibilities!
Fun ways to use activity printables:
- Create a coloring and activity book.
- Paint the printable, frame it, and give it to a friend.
- Complete the activities solo or with family.
- Print the activity sheets and laminate them so that they can be reused.
- Use them as a fun activity at your next party or event.
Be sure to check out all of my favorite supplies for printable projects in this post!
This post contains affiliate links.
Essentials for printable projects:
- We love using this Canon Wireless Printer for perfect printing every time.
- These duotang folders are ideal for creating activity books.
- This Scotch Thermal Laminator is the one we use and it works great.
- These stackable storage containers are awesome for keeping everything organized.
Enter your name and email below to get an instant download of the files! You are then registered for my weekly email Newsletter that is full of fun recipes, easy crafts and free printables.
- All digital files on Homemade Heather are for personal use only.
- Please direct others to the original website link when sharing.
- Digital reselling, resharing or distribution is prohibited and NOT allowed.
Whether you are looking for a cheaper alternative to expensive coloring books, or simply want the option of having a variety of designs to choose from, these free printable animal coloring pages are a wonderful place to start.
Check out my other adult coloring page collections for even more options! Adults and older kids will love these detailed flower coloring pages, these mandala flower pages, and these awesome dragon designs.
I also have a ton of seasonal and holiday-themed coloring page collections for all ages. Check out the entire printable library!