Summer is here and it is time to celebrate with this Blue Curacao Mojito! Mojitos are my go-to summer drink so I will be mixing it up while enjoying pool time with the family.
This cocktail is a must make! The perfect balance of vibrant color and flavours for summer.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
What is a mojito?!
A mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail that combines five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water, and mint. The mixture of flavours has made the mojito a popular summer drink.
This drink reminded me of the crystal blue waters of a pool and is beyond refreshing. Check out the delicious blue curacao mojito recipe below!
What is Blue Curacao?
Curacao is a citrus flavoured liqueur from the Dutch island of Curacao. It is not always blue but can also be clear or orange in colour. Curacao adds a lovely citrus flavour to your favorite cocktail because it is infused with citrus peels.
I often substitute 7Up or Sprite for the simple syrup and soda in this recipe. It’s just a bit faster than making my own sugar syrup mixture. The blue curacao gives this drink it’s signature colour but is totally optional.
Simply omit the curacao for a more traditional mojito drink. Traditional mojito ingredients that I like to have stocked all summer are: white rum, lime, fresh mint, sugar and soda water.
Fun mojito variations:
- Add berries to the mojito mixture and muddle them together with the mint and lime. Raspberries, strawberries and blueberries are all excellent options and delicious additions to this drink. Check out my camping mojito recipe that we use a lot.
- Experiment with different citrus flavours! Try adding oranges or lemons instead of lime to this recipe.
- Use rum infused with lemon, lime or oranges for an even richer citrus kick to this recipe. Both Bacardi and Malibu have delicious rum flavours to chose from.
- Try adding different flavoured soda to this blue curacao mojito recipe. Citrus flavoured 7UP is my go-to filler for this recipe because it adds the perfect amount of sweetness and carbination.
This post contains affiliate links.
Some of my kitchen essentials for cocktails:
- I love using these mixing pitchers for all of my drinks.
- These silicone spatulas are perfect for mixing and stirring cocktails.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- This cocktail muddler is perfect for muddling the lime and mint in mojitos.
Have you tried this blue curacao mojito recipe? Do you have a favorite summer drink?
We also love this Cranberry Moscow Mule recipe – it’s our favorite for winter!
If you love this easy blue mojito recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/2 of a lime, quartered
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 oz white rum
- 1/2 oz blue curacao
- 1/2 cup ice
- Muddle mint and lime.
- Add ice.
- Pour remaining ingredients over ice.