This free Coffee Bar Sign SVG cut file is perfect for creating these darling cutting board signs for the kitchen. Follow this easy step-by-step tutorial to create your own!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
This coffee bar cutting board sign was so fun to make. I love the combination of wood, paint and crisp graphics!
If you think this is darling, be sure to check out my Holiday Cutting Board Sign too! I’m not sure which one I like better.
I made two of these cutting board signs from scratch. One to adorn my coffee bar in the kitchen and one to gift to my sister for her birthday. They are honestly super easy to create! Let me show you how…
This post contains affiliate links.
- cutting board
- stain (if required)
- white paint
- paint brush
- Silhouette cutting machine
- permanent vinyl
- weeding tool
- transfer tape
- scrapping tool
- hot glue gun
How to make a coffee bar cutting board sign:
- Stain the board if needed. We made our cutting boards from a 1×6 piece of wood so sanding and staining was necessary.
2. Use painters tape to section the board in half.
3. Paint half of the board white. This took about three coats of acrylic paint for me.
4. Next download the cut file, measure the size of your board, resize the SVG if needed and cut the quote out of permanent vinyl using your cutting machine.
5. Weed the excess vinyl from the quote.
6. Transfer the vinyl to clear transfer tape and place the quote onto the board. Be sure to move it around and place it exactly where you want it before using the scrapping tool to transfer the vinyl quote to the board.
7. Finally, use hot glue to attach a few embellishments to the cutting board. I used a few faux leaves and jute string.
Our two finished cutting board signs turned out so awesome!
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Create a Sign Using Permanent Vinyl:
- Upload the image you want to cut to the Silhouette Studio software.
- Use the software to enlarge, shrink and/or edit the image. Images intended for a sign like this do not need to be flipped.
- Cut the image out of permanent vinyl using the Silhouette Cameo (or similar cutting machine).
- Weed the excess vinyl from the image using the Silhouette weeding tool.
- Use transfer tape to remove the image from the carrier sheet. A scrapping tool helps for the vinyl to adhere to the transfer tape.
- Place the image onto your surface with the sticky transfer tape facing down.
- Use the scrapping tool to press & stick the vinyl onto the surface.
- Peel the transfer tape off and you’re all done!
Which of these two quotes is your favorite? “But first… coffee” or…
“Coffee Bar”? You can download the free SVG files here:
Be sure to check out all of the awesome Kitchen Sign SVGs in our blog hop!
- Kitchen Rules – That’s What Che Said
- EAT – We Can Make That!
- On Today’s Menu Sign – Printable Crush
- Life is Short, Lick the Bowl – Kelly Leigh Creates
- Grandma’s Kitchen – unOriginal Mom
- Cooked with Love – Try it – Like it – Create it
- Custom Name Kitchen Sign -Hello Creative Family
- Best Memories are Made Gathered Around the Table – Happy Go Lucky
- It’s Homemade Sign – Everyday Party Magazine
- Kitchen Conversions – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Eat More Cake – The girl Creative
- My cooking is so awesome even the smoke alarm cheers me on – Life Sew Savory
- The Kitchen Is The Heart Of The Home – Cutting Machine Crafting
- No such thing as too much butter – seeLINDSAY
- Coffee Bar – Homemade Heather
- In this Kitchen We Do – My Designs in the Chaos
If you love this Coffee Bar Sign SVG, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!