Elf Punch Board Advent Calendar – the perfect DIY advent to create for the kids this year. This is a fun craft for anyone who is a fan of the movie, Elf!
Every year I throw an Elf Inspired Christmas Party for friends and family. It is always a fun, festive time complete with minute to win it style games, appetizers and a signature drink.
This year I decided to add a fun punch board to our holiday shenanigans!
We love Buddy the Elf around here so an Elf inspired advent calendar is a sure fire hit with the kids! Everything that you need to make this punch board can be found at the Dollar Store which makes it a hit with mom too.
What I love about this Elf punch board is that you could use it as a fun party game OR an advent calendar! As a party game, guests can find fun activities or prizes inside of each cup. As an advent calendar, kids get to punch out a cup each day to find the treat inside.
How to make an Elf punch board:
First, we ran to the dollar store to pick up all of our Elf party game supplies.
This post contains affiliate links.
- 11 x 14 wooden board
- 24 mini red solo cups
- Green, yellow and red tissue paper
- Elastic bands
- Hot glue gun
- Elf legs
Tip: any large board or canvas will work as a backdrop for this project. Large solo cups could be used to create a larger board as well.
Elf advent how to:
- Start by cutting the green and yellow tissue paper into squares about 4″ x 4″ in size.
2. Fill each cup with treats.
3. Place 2-4 pieces of tissue over each cup and wrap elastic around the cup to fasten the paper to the cup. You will need 8 yellow cups and 16 green cups.
4. Glue the cups onto the board in the shape of Buddy’s hat. Start with two rows of five green cups, then two rows of four yellow cups, a row of three green cups, a row of two green cups and one green cup at the top.
5. Use the hot glue gun to glue the legs to the bottom of the board.
The Elf legs are totally optional but add a fun visual element to this Elf punch board that really makes it stand out!
6. Create a red feather shape out of tissue paper.
7. Glue the red feather to the hat and you are all done!
If you plan to use this as an advent calendar you could totally add numbers to the front of each cup. This would especially be useful if you have specific treats that you wan the kids to have each day.
I put three candy treats into each cup , one for each of our three boys. But a few of the cups have only one piece of chocolate candy “coal”. So on days where they punch out a piece of coal they will have to play paper, rock, scissors to see who gets the treat for that day. Evil, I know LOL
I may very well be creating a larger version of this for our annual Elf Party this year!
Some of our Elf party essentials:
- We of course need a copy or two of the movie, Elf, to watch over and over.
- These paper snowflakes help to transform the entire space!
- Lots of candy, candy corn, candy canes and syrup!
- A ton of wacky minute to win it style party games like in this handy party pack or the printable ones below.
Be sure to check out these Printable Christmas Party Decorations to add to and Elf party shenanigans you may be planning.
If you love this Elf Punch Board Advent Calendar, please help me share this post on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!