Get into spooky season with this Halloween breadstick recipe! Cut out and baked to perfection, these eerie treats are perfect for a hauntingly delicious celebration.
Ghost breadsticks are a great appetizer or snack to create for the kids. Add them to a fun and festive Halloween dinner that the whole family is sure to love!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
The holidays are a perfect time to get creative and make fun food. I love to surprise the kids with snacks and treats in Halloween shapes, inspired by spooky characters!
We all have that one friend (or maybe it’s you?) who hosts a Halloween party and creates an amazing spread of food for guests. Hand pies, spider web dip, witch fingers and the like. Well, these ghost breadsticks would make a great addition to that!
These spooky breadsticks are deliciously festive! Make some to pair with your next holiday meal or Halloween party.
This post contains affiliate links.
Begin by stocking the kitchen with a few of my favorite supplies!
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Ghost cookie cutter
- Sharp knife
- Pillsbury pizza crust dough – I love using pre made dough for fun recipes like this but you can use homemade pizza crust dough too.
- Butter, melted.
- Sea salt.
- Roll out the dough thinly.
2. Cut out ghost shapes using a cookie cutter.
3. Cut circles into each ghost shape for a mouth.
4. Stretch the dough ghost out onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
5. Brush with melted butter and top with salt.
6. Bake at 350 for 15 mins.
- Pizza dough works best for this recipe but you could substitute it with crescent roll dough in a pinch.
- Try topping the breadsticks with everything bagel seasoning or italian seasoning instead of salt.
- Add cheese before baking to create cheesy Halloween breadsticks.
Tips & tricks
- Store leftover breadsticks in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to a week.
- Use different shaped Halloween cookie cutters to create more fun breadsticks to suit any theme or occasion.
- It’s easy to double or triple this recipe and make these breadsticks ahead of time for parties or events.
I would honestly make these for any occasion, they are just so good! Ghostly breadsticks are sure to be a hit with the whole family!
If you love this Halloween breadstick recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest.
- 1 pkg Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Sea salt
- Roll out the dough thinly.
- Cut out ghost shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Cut holes to create a mouth.
- Stretch the dough ghost out onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Brush with melted butter and top with salt.
- Bake at 350 for 15 mins.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
All values are approximate and based on ingredients used by the recipe writer. Always calculate your own individual nutritional values for the most accurate calculation.