This polymer clay tomato craft is fun to make and perfect for identifying seeds that you have planted in the garden this spring. Let me show you how to make this cute garden marker…
Too busy to make this right away? Pin the post for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready.
When planting seeds in the spring it’s super easy to forget what you’ve planted once the seeds are under the soil. So I created this darling clay tomato to mark our tomato seeds this year.
This post contains affiliate links.
My essentials for clay crafts:
- We love using this Sculpey Polymer Oven Bake Clay for all of our projects.
- This clay shaping tool kit is a must have for clay crafting!
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
Supplies that you will need:
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- polymer clay in green, red and black
- clay cutting and shaping tools
- black sharpie fine tip marker
- white glue
- white paint
- mod podge
- paint brush
- Form a 1 ½ cm red ball into a circle shape. Form a ¼ cm dark green ball into a tear drop shape.
2. Attach the green leaf to the top of the tomato. Form two indents for eyes with the stylus and pierce a hole in the bottom with a toothpick. Roll two tiny black balls for eyes.
3. Bake as directed on the package. For me thats 20 minutes at 220 degrees.
4. Glue the black balls on for eyes, add a white dot with the paint, a smile with the marker and seal with mod podge.
How darling are these garden markers?! You can find the entire clay vegetable garden marker tutorial here. We can’t wait to see all of our little vegetable seeds sprout this spring.
If you love this cute tomato garden marker, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!