How cool is this mason jar Jack Skellington piggy bank craft?!
My kids love to get crafty, especially around the holidays as the weather cools outside. This Jack Skellington craft was the perfect thing to keep them busy last week. Check out the step-by-step tutorial and make your own…
We’ve made plenty of Jack Skellington crafts in the past like this Jack Skellington door with free printable, these Jack Skellington cookie pops and this Jack Skellington magnet craft. Let’s just say that we like to stick with things that we know and love!
Materials that you’ll need to create this craft:
- 500 ml wide mouth mason jar
- Black acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to make this mason jar Jack Skellington:
1. Gather supplies.
2. Paint the entire jar and snap lid white (this can take up to three coats for good coverage).
3. Lightly sketch features onto the jar using a pencil.
4. Paint on features with black paint (eyes, nose and mouth).
5. Allow the paint to dry completely.
6. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
7. Cut a rectangular hole into the top of the snap lid. Tip: Use a sharp knife to start a hole in the lid before cutting with scissors.
8. Fill jar with black crinkle cut paper and money!
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
This makes a super unique gift for the Jack Skellington fan on your list! Or a fun craft for the kids around Halloween. I know that my boys argued over who was going to get to keep this Jack Skellington piggy bank!
When you make one of these mason jar Jack Skellington piggy banks please let me know! I would love to see it…