This free Jack Skellington door printable is perfect for creating a fun decoration for Halloween. It’s simple to make with this tutorial!
I love dressing up our home and being a little bit silly on Halloween night. This silhouette of jack is sure to set the perfect mood for some scary fun!
Be sure to check out our most recent Jack project, this epic Nightmare Before Christmas tree!
I am always looking for ways to decorate my front porch for the holidays. Having a white door makes the perfect backdrop all year long and I often switch it up by hanging a wreath for every season!
This year I decided to change it up with this super quick and easy DIY. Jack Skellington is such an iconic character for Halloween and one that is showcased perfectly on a white front door! We’ve made a Mason Jar Jack Craft, these Jack Skellington Magnets and yummy Skellington Oreo Cookie Pops in the past too.
Who is Jack Skellington?!
- He’s the main character from The Nightmare Before Christmas, the pumpkin king of Halloween Town.
- He discovers Christmas Town and decides that he wants to become Santa Claus, complete with a real beating heart and Christmas tree.
- The Christmas jack skellington goes through a bunch of crazy shenanigans with the citizens of Halloween Town.
- Trick-or-treators return to Jack the Easter Bunny and Sandy Claws, while the movie ends with a final showdown with the Oogie Boogie man.
- This 1993 movie is perfect for the Christmas season or Halloween celebrations, many can’t decide which it suits best.
- Disney Tim Burton creator made this film along with other iconic ones like James and the Giant Peach and Sleepy Hollow.
- Jack most often wore a bat bow-tie and real fabric tuxedo with white stripes. This door highlights jack’s face, his most famous feature.
How to make your own Jack Skellington door:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Black construction paper
- Black electrical tape
- Printable template
1. Begin by printing the free Door Template (linked below). Cut out the shapes and trace them onto black card stock. Cut out the black features using the scissors.
2. Use the black electrical tape to fasten the eyes and nose to the door. I loop the tape back onto itself, creating a double sided tape circle. Using the black tape means that it won’t easily be seen behind the black features.
3. Next create a mouth shape using the black electrical tape. Use the entire width of your door and slightly curve the tape upwards.
4. Layer different lengths of tape to widen the mouth. More tape in the center of the mouth and keeping it tapered at the ends.
5. Finally, use small strips of tape to complete the smile. Attach 1.5″ pieces of tape, 2″ apart along the top and bottom of the smile.
Now that the smile is finished, your Jack Skellington Door is complete! This is a not too dark option for Halloween decorating that adds a fun nightly glow to any Halloween party. We love captain jack, the patron spirit of halloween!
This post contains affiliate links.
Our essentials for crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
Download the printable here and cut out jack’s face for your door!
Enter your name and email below to get an instant download of the files! You are then registered for my weekly email Newsletter that is full of fun recipes, easy crafts and free printables.
- All digital files on Homemade Heather are for personal use only.
- Please direct others to the original website link when sharing.
- Digital reselling, resharing or distribution is prohibited and NOT allowed.
Jack Skellington Door
This Jack Skellington door decoration is perfect for Halloween. Grab the free printable to make creating this door decoration super easy.
- Three sheets of 8.5 x 11 black paper
- One roll of black electrical tape
- Printable template
- Begin by printing the free Jack Skellington Door Template. Cut out the shapes and trace them onto black card stock. Cut out the black features.
- Use the black electrical tape to fasten the eyes and nose to the door.
- Next create a mouth shape using the black electrical tape.
- Finally, layer different lengths of tape to widen the mouth. Use small strips of tape to complete the smile.
If you love this Jack Skellington Door, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
thanks so much for the idea. my son loves jack. i surprised the kids when they got home today. they loved it!
Hooray! Thank you so much for commenting – this is what I love to read! xo
Hi dear! Thank you so much for this. I used this for our office Halloween design! Love it!
OH MY GOSH! Just wanted to stop by and tell you thank you! My 3year old is obsessed with Halloween and we just made Jack on our guest bedroom door (our outside door has a screen so its not visible) and my daughter is IN LOVE!!! We printed your guide on printer paper and then traced and cut it out on black posterboard – the board was big enough to cut his mouth as well & then I cut long rectangles and my daughter put them up all by herself! You rock! Thanks so much!
YAY!!! Thanks for sharing!! xo
Will the electrical tape damage a painted door?
Does the tape leave a sticky residue when you remove it? I love the idea, but I’m a little afraid of that.
Mine did not.
This is awesome! I love any way to add some Disney to the holidays! I’m so excited about this, I’m going to put you in an upcoming blog post I do about easy Disney Halloween decorations!
I want to make my door scarier for coming Halloween.