This free Jack Skellington door printable is perfect for creating a fun decoration for Halloween. It’s simple to make with this tutorial!
I love dressing up our home and being a little bit silly on Halloween night. This silhouette of jack is sure to set the perfect mood for some scary fun!
Be sure to check out our most recent Jack project, this epic Nightmare Before Christmas tree!
I am always looking for ways to decorate my front porch for the holidays. Having a white door makes the perfect backdrop all year long and I often switch it up by hanging a wreath for every season!
This year I decided to change it up with this super quick and easy DIY. Jack Skellington is such an iconic character for Halloween and one that is showcased perfectly on a white front door! We’ve made a Mason Jar Jack Craft, these Jack Skellington Magnets and yummy Skellington Oreo Cookie Pops in the past too.
Who is Jack Skellington?!
- He’s the main character from The Nightmare Before Christmas, the pumpkin king of Halloween Town.
- He discovers Christmas Town and decides that he wants to become Santa Claus, complete with a real beating heart and Christmas tree.
- The Christmas jack skellington goes through a bunch of crazy shenanigans with the citizens of Halloween Town.
- Trick-or-treators return to Jack the Easter Bunny and Sandy Claws, while the movie ends with a final showdown with the Oogie Boogie man.
- This 1993 movie is perfect for the Christmas season or Halloween celebrations, many can’t decide which it suits best.
- Disney Tim Burton creator made this film along with other iconic ones like James and the Giant Peach and Sleepy Hollow.
- Jack most often wore a bat bow-tie and real fabric tuxedo with white stripes. This door highlights jack’s face, his most famous feature.
How to make your own Jack Skellington door:
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Begin by printing the free Door Template (linked below). Cut out the shapes and trace them onto black card stock. Cut out the black features using the scissors.
2. Use the black electrical tape to fasten the eyes and nose to the door. I loop the tape back onto itself, creating a double sided tape circle. Using the black tape means that it won’t easily be seen behind the black features.
3. Next create a mouth shape using the black electrical tape. Use the entire width of your door and slightly curve the tape upwards.
4. Layer different lengths of tape to widen the mouth. More tape in the center of the mouth and keeping it tapered at the ends.
5. Finally, use small strips of tape to complete the smile. Attach 1.5″ pieces of tape, 2″ apart along the top and bottom of the smile.
Now that the smile is finished, your Jack Skellington Door is complete! This is a not too dark option for Halloween decorating that adds a fun nightly glow to any Halloween party. We love captain jack, the patron spirit of halloween!
- Three sheets of 8.5 x 11 black paper
- One roll of black electrical tape
- Printable template
- Begin by printing the free Jack Skellington Door Template. Cut out the shapes and trace them onto black card stock. Cut out the black features.
- Use the black electrical tape to fasten the eyes and nose to the door.
- Next create a mouth shape using the black electrical tape.
- Finally, layer different lengths of tape to widen the mouth. Use small strips of tape to complete the smile.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
Download the printable here and cut out jack’s face for your door. Click on the link below to download the free printable file:
If you love this Jack Skellington Door, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!